Ringtones and profile switcher like PhoneAlarm for WM?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quite a few options have been discussed here. Search for "Profile". I can't say what is or isn't like PhoneAlarm since I've never used it.

garyhesq

Reaction score
I miss Phone Alarm too!! Locale comes the closest as a replacement but still doesn't compare.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Try the app "Setting Profiles"

Seconded.

It's surprising what you can do with this. Besides what you'd expect, like being able to manipulate ringtones, volume, brightness, etc... you can also create rules that automatically change the profile, such as "change to profile X when (home/car) docked" or "change to profile Y when connected to WiFi (network name)". Very cool indeed.

Just one example... when I connect to my car dock, my profile automatically switches to one that turns up the brightness a bit more, and disables WiFi. At the same time, SetCPU lowers my maximum OC to 800mhz. Anything to make the phone run less hot while using navigation is a good thing :)

Last edited:

garyhesq

Reaction score
Setting Profiles does have a lot of different options. I like it. But I can't get the location setting to use the actual GPS location. It's using the cell site. I have the paid version and have "Enable GPS Satellite" checked. Anybody else having any luck with that option?

ITguy4

Reaction score
Setting Profiles does have a lot of different options. I like it. But I can't get the location setting to use the actual GPS location. It's using the cell site. I have the paid version and have "Enable GPS Satellite" checked. Anybody else having any luck with that option?
I have had very good luck with that option, in fact my experience has been opposite of yours. I used to have trouble getting the GPS to activate and since I have it specified in my car dock profile, I have almost 100 % success getting GPS and it is usually quick, too.

I have bluetooth selected for my car profile, and I have more trouble getting that to activate. It is very hit or miss on the bluetooth.

OP
O

osprey23

Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

I have tried Profile, while it works, it is not as customizable as I want it to be. Will try Setting Profiles.

jbsangel

Reaction score
But I can't get the location setting to use the actual GPS location. It's using the cell site.
Setting Profiles does not use GPS for location stuff yet. They have it on the roadmap to add, but not supported at this time. Cell towers only. It will toggle the "enable gps" on and off of course (so other apps can use GPS) but doesn't actually use gps for location based conditions.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Whatever you do...don't use NightRinger. They f'd up their apps on an update in Januray and won't fix or respond.

OP
O

osprey23

Reaction score
Setting Profile works very closely to PhoneAlarm, seems like a keeper. The only missing piece is reminders for missed calls, SMS, etc.

Will continue to search for something that cover this.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unable to find "Setting Profile" on the Market (Droid, v.2.1 OS/rooted). What developer built the app? Thanks anyone/everyone.

rjax

Reaction score
Setting Profile works very closely to PhoneAlarm, seems like a keeper. The only missing piece is reminders for missed calls, SMS, etc.

Will continue to search for something that cover this.

You might try this: Missed Call for Android 2.0 - Android app on AppBrain
or this: Missed Reminder - Android app on AppBrain
or this: Missed Call Volume Control - Android app on AppBrain
or this: SMS Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain

Unable to find "Setting Profile" on the Market (Droid, v.2.1 OS/rooted). What developer built the app? Thanks anyone/everyone.

It's actually Setting Profiles (note the "s" on the end): Setting Profiles Full - Android app on AppBrain

jbsangel

Reaction score
Also, Setting Profiles will give you repeat notifications for a missed call and unread SMS. Its under rules.

jbsangel

Reaction score
Also add to that list gmail notifier for gmail alerts if you use gmail.