Do you like Ringdroid app for andorid

asforel

Reaction score
Ringdroid is a free Android app that enables users to create their own ringtones directly from their Android powered device. Ringdroid allows users to quickly and easily create ringtones from MP3, WAV, and ARM files that are loaded onto the phone direct from the SD card. Use RingDroid to edit MP3, WAV, and AMR audio files and create ringtones, alarms, and notifications from them. Create your own ringtone by editing music tracks in your library, or record a new one directly from the phone. New version 2.4 fixes bugs related to assigning a ringtone to a contact and adds support for additional global locales. Minimum Android system version is 1.6 (donut); also works in 2.0 (eclair) and 2.2 (froyo).:icon_ banana:
Ringdroid Features:

• Open an existing audio file
  • View a scrollable waveform representation of the audio file at 5 zoom levels
  • Set starting and ending points for a clip within the audio file, using an optional touch interface
  • Play the selected portion of the audio, including an indicator cursor and autoscrolling of the waveform
  • Play anywhere else by tapping the screen
  • Save the clipped audio as a new audio file and mark it as Music, Ringtone, Alarm, or Notification.
  • Record a new audio clip to edit
  • Delete audio (with confirmation alert)
Ringdroid is missing the ability to fade in and out, loop, and equalize song selections, but its ease of use and flexibility in saving audio snippets as more than just ringtones make it an instant must-have app.
Ringdroid_wide_thumb.png

beckx020

Reaction score
I love Ringdroid. :)

I would like to have a way to make the ringtone LOUDER. Otherwise I'm happy.

titans1

Reaction score
i use ringdroid to make ringers for my wife and send them to her. i enjioy the program though i seem to get a lot of fcs with it.(force closes)

eebvending2

Reaction score
The 2 tones I've made are a garbled mess. I just use Audacity on my desktop and shoot them to my Droid now.

dpstrand

Reaction score
I just downloaded ringdroid to record my own ringtones for some notifications, and it doesn't work. Each time I record and select "Use this recording" I get an error pop up that says "Sorry, Ringdroid is not yet able to edit files of type qcp".

I'm using a droid 2, I found one other thread with this problem on a droid x, but not much talk about it otherwise. Any idea how to fix it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ringdroid is a wonderfull app for mp3 files. Perhaps the file you are using is not a mp3 file and that's that problem. I have the Droid 2 and Ringdroid, no issues at all.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love RingDroid...I took the opening riffs from Korns "Beating Me Down" and it has been my Ringtone since February I wouldn't change it for anything

dpstrand

Reaction score
Ringdroid is a wonderfull app for mp3 files. Perhaps the file you are using is not a mp3 file and that's that problem. I have the Droid 2 and Ringdroid, no issues at all.

I'm not trying to edit a file when I get that qcp error, I'm trying to use the "Record New" button to record my own ringtone using the microphone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to use the "Record New" button to record my own ringtone using the microphone.
I just checked, "Record New" does nothing for me...no error, no nothing

MalikBear

Reaction score
First Post,
Ringdroid has not proved worthy to me yet... I had a few of my ringtones set on my X and started using RD but when I added tones to files that were already setup those ringtones stopped playing...

Prolly will have to remove and reinstall my tones to get RD to work properly... Looks like a very simple useful program tho

braclark

Reaction score
I'm not trying to edit a file when I get that qcp error, I'm trying to use the "Record New" button to record my own ringtone using the microphone.
I'm having the same problem on my Droid X on 2.2. I wanted to use ringdroid to record a ringtone. There is a "Record New" button that lets you record from the microphone. After recording, there are two buttons "Use this recording" or "Discard". If I press "use this recording" then there is a popup "Error Sorry, Ringdroid is not yet able to edit files of type qcp"

Is this a stock app that is recording the voice and passing it back to ringdroid? Also, I couldn't find any *.qcp files saved on the phone.

popsputter

Reaction score
I just downloaded ringdroid to record my own ringtones for some notifications, and it doesn't work. Each time I record and select "Use this recording" I get an error pop up that says "Sorry, Ringdroid is not yet able to edit files of type qcp".

I'm using a droid 2, I found one other thread with this problem on a droid x, but not much talk about it otherwise. Any idea how to fix it?

I have this same problem. It happens when I record a voice message and when I use the "Use this recording" that same message comes up and if I answer OK, Ringdroid shuts off.

frankrigor

Reaction score
Ringdroid problems

I'm having a brainfart or something. I cannot seem to move a music file into Ringdroid so I can edit it and turn it into an alarm or ringtone. I have done it before in the past, but cannot seem to figure it out now.
Any clues?

kdavidb

Reaction score
fix for "Sorry, Ringdroid is not yet able to edit files of type qcp"

i created an app that fixes this problem. it's on Google Play (search for "ringdroid qcp fix"). i would appreciate downloads from the market, but you can also get it from bode Pauer . . . look for "bP record".