automatic profile change application like phonealarm

ScuzMeIdroided

Reaction score
I have searched and have found many references to automatic profile changing or switching applications, but need some help understanding which features might be available and which apps are viewed as better (more stable, or free, or best functionality). I am also hoping for a bit more current information as many of the apps below haven't been discussed for many months.

Previously, I used PhoneAlarm on a Windows Mobile device. So I am looking for the ability for the phone to automatically change profiles at certain times during the day (or GPS location), and when my calendars (google and work) show me as being in a meeting.

Apps I have found are:

Locale (uses location to change profiles)
Tasker
AutoProfiles
LauncherPro
timeriffic
SettingProfiles (no GPS)

Please let me know which of these you think will best meet my needs. Free is best, but only if the application is stable and reliable.

Thanks for your help!

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I use Setting Profiles and it's perfect. I'm not sure what you mean by "(No GPS)". This app can change things based on location.

onlyurei

Reaction score
I have searched and have found many references to automatic profile changing or switching applications, but need some help understanding which features might be available and which apps are viewed as better (more stable, or free, or best functionality). I am also hoping for a bit more current information as many of the apps below haven't been discussed for many months.

Previously, I used PhoneAlarm on a Windows Mobile device. So I am looking for the ability for the phone to automatically change profiles at certain times during the day (or GPS location), and when my calendars (google and work) show me as being in a meeting.

Apps I have found are:

Tasker
AutoProfiles
LauncherPro
timeriffic
SettingProfiles (no GPS)

Please let me know which of these you think will best meet my needs. Free is best, but only if the application is stable and reliable.

Thanks for your help!

Smarter Profiles should be the one you are looking for.

Smarter Profiles - Automatically switches your predefined profiles based on location and time for your Android phone

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.intofan.android.smartprofiles

Last edited:

milife

Reaction score
miLife Quiet Now! for Android Application

miLife is easy to use and requires no setup. It is configured to work with user’s calendar out of the box. It allows users the ability to select whether to completely silence the phone or just put it on vibrate. It also allows users to specify exceptions so that if people on exception list call, the phone will alert the user. For more detail....Smartmicros: miLife Quiet Now

pramodpitz

Reaction score
The Availablity of Automatic Profile Changer

Apps I have found are:

Tasker
AutoProfiles
LauncherPro
timeriffic
SettingProfiles (no GPS)

Thanks for your help!

here is one more application automatic profile changer 1.0 for android which change the on the starting time and return back to required condition after the finishing of ending time and would work on the selected days by user.

Basically, automatic profile changer is the application which is made for those people who don't have time to additionally change the profile of application while going or coming from office, college, school etc. So basically here user will have option to set the starting time and ending time of profile and for defined weeks of the month. Here user will have four profile Ringtone,Silent,Vibrate and airplane mode. Besides of this, automatic profile changer is available in eight languages English, French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Spanish
and Swedish (only for above android 2.2). Here user have option to start and stop the application anytime when he/she wants. One more here in this application is delay time, basically delay time is time of synchronization between database and current profile.

I found it very useful for you...........

free version automatic profile changer

payed full version is Automatic Profile Changer 1.0 for Android.

Last edited: