Ringtone notification help

droidloser

Reaction score
So I was making some custom ringtones on my computer today and put them on my Droid. I can set them as ringtones but not as notifications. And when I go to set notifications in the settings, the things I made dont show up on the list for notifications but yet it does on the ringtones. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get those songs in the right list.

Thanks

JCo352

Reaction score
So I was making some custom ringtones on my computer today and put them on my Droid. I can set them as ringtones but not as notifications. And when I go to set notifications in the settings, the things I made dont show up on the list for notifications but yet it does on the ringtones. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get those songs in the right list.

Thanks

Go to sdcard/media>audio and make a folder called notifications and put them in there.

daddyscooltv

Reaction score

Thanks

Go to sdcard/media>audio and make a folder called notifications and put them in there.
I don't have a /media/audio folder would it be somewhere else?

JCo352

Reaction score

Thanks

I don't have a /media/audio folder would it be somewhere else?

If you don't already have them just make them. I probably already have them because ringdroid made them for me.

daddyscooltv

Reaction score
No luck I still don't get anything but the factory notifications ringtones. I have sdcard/media/audio/notifications and put the ringtones I wanted in there.:icon_exclaim:

daddyscooltv

Reaction score
This is so upsetting why can't I get this to work I have made all kinds of notification folders moved them around and nothing. When I create the directory in astro should it be compressed or normal. some times it tells me can't create directory unless I choose compressed. Also I am using "lite settings" so that I can create sound profiles could this be it?

I finally got it!!!!! yeah achmed lives. I was using astro to create the folders and then I mounted the droid and deleted the folders I had created and then recreated the folders using the PC and that worked.

Last edited: