Adding notification/ringtone options

82bohica

Reaction score
I know there are several apps, including soundboards to download whatever sound/song you want as a ringtone and/or notification. Well, now I have several sounds I'd like to setup for various parameters on the phone. Is there an app, or would someone pass along to a good developer, that allows you to set a notification/ringtone for power on , power off, low power (possibly allow setting what you choose to be low power would be awesome), charging, charge complete, sliding open the physical keyboard, different sounds for regular text and picture messages, download complete (from marketplace at a minimum). I know I can set a ringtone for each individual contact, but I have a good amount of contacts, and I'm fine with a general ringtone for everyone, but I'd like the ability to have a "unknown caller" ringtone, to differentiate that the call is coming from someone not in my contact list or a blocked number.

The ability to alternate, or rotate between a primary notification and ringtone would be awesome too. So, in theory I could set it up notifications to rotate between themes or sets I create, like the final fantasy victory theme, and the zelda theme when I get a text message, then I could setup another "set" for cool Droid or other robot-esque notifications.

So far I have yet to find anything like this in the marketplace or on a few Droid forums, any help is greatly appreciated.

- I did find "Missed Call" a "Locale" plug in that allows for transfer complete notification, but thats the only addition sound wise.... Obviously one application that does all of this would be nice to cut down on cross app interference

Last edited:

thechoochookid

Reaction score
Is there an app, or would someone pass along to a good developer, that allows you to set a notification/ringtone for power on , power off, low power (possibly allow setting what you choose to be low power would be awesome), charging, charge complete, sliding open the physical keyboard, different sounds for regular text and picture messages, download complete (from marketplace at a minimum). I know I can set a ringtone for each individual contact, but I have a good amount of contacts, and I'm fine with a general ringtone for everyone, but I'd like the ability to have a "unknown caller" ringtone, to differentiate that the call is coming from someone not in my contact list or a blocked number.

i'm looking for this exact same thing..if you find something, please let me know!

windstrings

Reaction score
[
i'm looking for this exact same thing..if you find something, please let me know!

Humm.. I guess that would be a "no".... I converted sounds to "ogg" and tried to place them in the appropriate folder but it appears to be write protected as Astro will not write to it.

Do I have to be rooted to so such a simple task?..

All I want to do is add a notification tone I can choose from.

---------EDIT

Nevermind!.. Ringdroid saved the day!
the only app I know of that can add notification sounds as well as ringtones, Alarm, or music.. swaaweeet!

I always missed it before because the "save" icon didn't give any hints that it also did the rest.
Once you hit save, you can also choose the "type" in the top selection box

Last edited:

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
I was looking for a way to differentiate ringtones for sms and e-mail, it drives me crazy to pull my phone out thinking its a txt to find out its an e-mail. I don't believe ringdroid allows for this but I may just be missing it. If anyone has an idea plz let me know......

windstrings

Reaction score
I was looking for a way to differentiate ringtones for sms and e-mail, it drives me crazy to pull my phone out thinking its a txt to find out its an e-mail. I don't believe ringdroid allows for this but I may just be missing it. If anyone has an idea plz let me know......

Just go into your email "gmail" app----> menu---- .settings----> select ringtone and select!

It should now be different than the one you get for text!

Or you can do it the other way around if you have handcent.
open handcent---->menu--->settings---->notification setting----> select ringtone

I personally have that one as default..... default is an "altered" drooooid I got from an app called "zedge"... then saved it to SD... opened it with ringdroid and set it as a notification!.. its my new default sound..

Set my gmail as a different sound.

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Ty so much, that was very easy and i guess it just takes a second pair of eyes so to speak.....

windstrings

Reaction score
Ty so much, that was very easy and i guess it just takes a second pair of eyes so to speak.....

Your welcome!... and while we are talking about ringtones.. I recently found an app that allows me to send 13meg and higher "biggest I've tried" ringtones or whole songs via email!... called "attachemail"

Also recently handcent now gives you an option to raise the size from 300kb "default" up to 1 meg for MMS messages so its now easier to send via text too... question is.. can the recipient receive it!.... email is the best for now if its really big.