ringtone not working?

nikkicowface

Reaction score
ok, no clue if this is a tech issue and i have NO clue if this has already been asked (most likely but im not gonna sit here and go through all 90 pages of posts, im lazy)

so, i cant get a custom ringtone, set, as my ringtone. ive gone through music, holding finger on tittle, no "set as" option. went to my dropbox app that i got my ringtone from, held finger on mp3, no "set as" option. i went as far as going through root explorer, downloads&music&ringtones, held finger on mp3, no "set as" option. idk what else to do. ive gone through google, everyone says to do the music app option. but it doesnt work for me. help? thanks.

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
i dont get that option, just "play", "delete", "add to playlist" and "shop for artist". thats it. and when i play the song and hit menu, my options are "add to playlist" "search" and "show options" which just closes the menu. i put the mp3 in the ringtones folder in root but it doesnt come up on my ringtone list in settings. and when i go to root expl. and hold my finger on the mp3, i get the options: "delete" "rename" "copy" "move" "permissions" "properties" "add bookmark" "send" "view as text" "open in text editor" "zip this file" and "create tar" thats it. i havent tried ringdroid doubletwist or poweramp, i will try in a little bit but id rather not have to go through all this trouble for one little bity ringtone..

OP
N

nikkicowface

Reaction score
wow..i got it. ringdroid is awesome. thank you. i did have to edit it first, but i got the option to set as default. thanks so much!