Songs/Ringtones not showing up.

Xunal

Reaction score
Hello all--

I recently began trying to put ringtones on my droid. I currently have the ringtone I want in 2 places on the SD card:

Media -> audio -> ringtones -> song
Music -> song

The ringtone I'm trying to use is a mp3 format clip of a song. I can't get it to show up in either the Music player (was trying to Set As while it was playing), or in the ringtone folder when I browse there.

The song DOES show up in Astro (and plays) in both of those locations, but there is no option to set as my ringtone from there.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

droiddoesit

Reaction score
Hello all--

I recently began trying to put ringtones on my droid. I currently have the ringtone I want in 2 places on the SD card:

Music -> song

The ringtone I'm trying to use is a mp3 format clip of a song. I can't get it to show up in either the Music player (was trying to Set As while it was playing), or in the ringtone folder when I browse there.

The song DOES show up in Astro (and plays) in both of those locations, but there is no option to set as my ringtone from there.

Thanks

Try s.vzw.com/home to get ringtones. Long press the MMS message to save as a ringtone.

OP
X

Xunal

Reaction score
That address you linked gives me a "This is not supported by your handset" with both my computer browser and my phone browser.

Also, I have the ringtone I want. I even have it on my phone. I just don't know why I can't get it to show up in the place where I can set it as my ringtone.
(Yes, I know where to set ringtones. The one I have isn't showing up there. As mentioned, I know it's there because I can play it back with Astro)

allikanbe

Reaction score
Hello all--

Music -> song

Thanks

I put a ringtone on last night. All I did was create a folder on Astro named Ringtones and saved it in there. The ringtone showed up when i clicked Settings, Sound and Display, Phone ringtone. It works.

OP
X

Xunal

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

I finally got it working.

When I originally created the ringtones/alarms/notifications folder I did it with my FTP program while I was transferring the ringtone over. Apparently it didn't like it.

I deleted the folder and created it again with Astro and now everything works.

Interesting.

georgia1978

Reaction score
ok i just did the whole astro and the same thing but when i go to ringtones its says complete action using.... and i have to select android system or zedge ringtones or theres a box that says use by default for this action?? how do get past this?