Right out of the box and it wont update problem

dvrdwn007

Reaction score
Hello all, my searching has pretty much come up short of finding anyone else with this problem so I figure I will ask away and see if any of you have any ideas.

I just got my Droid activate yesterday at the Verizon store (which comes with Android 2.0.1) and did the
"Home > Settings > About Phone > System updates > Android Update 2.1 Download" ....

The progress bar moves right along and would look to have finished downloading but then nothing ... I never get the "Install / Reboot" option at all ...
No amount of rebooting, re-downloading, sprinkling fairy dust or dancing around a smoldering fire pit naked in the rain at night in my backyard or even calling the Verizon 800 number has gotten me anywhere.

All Ive been told is "Well it should .... "
I understand what it SHOULD do and what it is SUPPOSED to do but it just doesn't do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for anyones input.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Or wait till it's pushed to your device.....They are pushing in batches.....

OP
D

dvrdwn007

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately the "Push" wasnt coming and the 800 Verizon support said that it wasnt being pushed anymore.

Since dancing naked during the day almost got me arrested I just decided to bit the bullet and I ended up having to just "warranty" the little monster out and start fresh.

Thanks for your input!