Rezound smoothness, or lack there of?

shanimal92

Reaction score
Is it just more (rather my phone), or is the rezound not nearly as fluid as my Nexus. I bought my mom the Rezound for Christmas mainly because i can get a huge extended battery and the reception is nice. I have been playing with hers and it seems as though the whole phone isnt as "snappy" as my Nexus. Did i get a lemon or does ICS really make that big of a difference? I know the Rezound has a 1.5ghz DC and the Nexus as a 1.2. shouldnt the Rezound jut as snappy at least?

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Exactly which features are you referring to that are not snappy? If you're referring to the scrolling in the app drawer, there's a reason for that. The Rezound scrolls "one page at a time". Scroll slowly and you'll notice lines at the top of each page. Most other phones have continuous scrolling, which in my opinion makes it harder to find a specific app. Other than this design difference, my phone is silky smooth.

RH

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
1. the launcher (adw, sense, go ex. all have been "choppy" when scrolling and swiping pages.)
2. browser
3. settings
4. notification bar

im sure there is more but its my moms phone so i cant just get it when i please. I do have a well-known rom for nexus, but i seems like the rezound is running like 2year old droid.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm pretty sure some kind of hardware acceleration is implemented into ICS...thats most likely what it is. Sense has also gotten so dominating in terms of the OS that several reviews I have read claim that slight lag can be found courtesy of sense. Hopefully someone else will chime in because I know a few articles have discussed this specific topic.

Edit: here is one of the articles i was talking about. Scroll down to the "not so good" section and see the "sense and performance" section. Here's the link from Droid-Life.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/11/15/htc-rezound-review-verizon/

didiwags

Reaction score
I have had no issues with my phone. Rezound is very smooth!!!

Sent from my Rezound

Schimm

Reaction score
Yup very smooth for me. If you use another launcher and fill up those seven screens with non Sense widgets you'll see a slowdown. I think there is a reason why Sense uses full screen large font widgets for mail, twitter, stocks, etc.

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Wow, I've compared the Rezound with the Razr and Bionic all at the same time.
The Rezound was faster and smoother than the other two.
The only time it lagged was when I loaded a graphic intensive live wall paper.
Of course this was an empty device, after my 85 apps and all podcasts and audio books my mileage would vary.
Sounds like you need a reset or perhaps an app that's not playing well with the kids.

Volkaru

Reaction score
Another part of it too could be that ICS has dual core optimization in the OS built in, gingerbread doesn't.

OP
S

shanimal92

Reaction score
Another part of it too could be that ICS has dual core optimization in the OS built in, gingerbread doesn't.

hopefully that's it. Thanks for all the responses

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

I bet this is it. When I went from my Droid X to the Bionic I thought the Bionic was so much smoother and never lagged. Now when I compare the Bionic with the GN, the Bionic seems to lag/stutter. It's probably just perception, if you don't have both to compare you would never know better.

randpost

Reaction score
Is it just more (rather my phone), or is the rezound not nearly as fluid as my Nexus. I bought my mom the Rezound for Christmas mainly because i can get a huge extended battery and the reception is nice. I have been playing with hers and it seems as though the whole phone isnt as "snappy" as my Nexus. Did i get a lemon or does ICS really make that big of a difference? I know the Rezound has a 1.5ghz DC and the Nexus as a 1.2. shouldnt the Rezound jut as snappy at least?

Sense is very heavy. it isn't as snappy as the Gnex in terms of home screen and basic UI functions. Installing a launcher doesn't stop sense from running so the "lag" carries over. Since we are now unlocked and rooted, custom roms and fully De-Sensing the phone is now an option which I have taken advantage of. My phone performs as smooth as the stock GNEX, if not smoother.

Just look at how much ram sense uses in comparison with stock ICS.

randpost

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure some kind of hardware acceleration is implemented into ICS...thats most likely what it is. Sense has also gotten so dominating in terms of the OS that several reviews I have read claim that slight lag can be found courtesy of sense. Hopefully someone else will chime in because I know a few articles have discussed this specific topic.

Edit: here is one of the articles i was talking about. Scroll down to the "not so good" section and see the "sense and performance" section. Here's the link from Droid-Life.

HTC Rezound Review – Verizon – Droid Life

Sense 3.5 has HW Accelerated too, but currently disabled. custom roms should have that enabled soon.

randpost

Reaction score
There are some pretty snappy sense roms already released. I love the speed of development so far for this phone.

Sent from my Rezound

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I have no problems at all. Only thing I did was run cleantool and disable some bloat.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.