Rezound and Cold Weather...any problems?

chevihemi

Reaction score
I live in Minnesota and am curious how the LCD screen fairs in the cold weather we usually have up here. This last month has been very warm compared to the usual and being I work construction I want to make sure the screen will work for me when a call comes in, especially when its a business related call. My really old flip phone would just not change screens in the cold but due to the actual buttons it would still answer and dial. What about with the touch screen and cold temps?

I thought about just tossing it in my freezer and seeing how it works but dont want to damage my brand new phone.

Thanks in advance!

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You'll notice some visual artifacts and some blurring of screen transitions at most. Phone should be fine down to about -20 degrees Fahrenheit(only happens in the mountains). After that, it gets risky. Your battery might decide to suddenly drop 40% in extreme cold though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

drtnsnw

Reaction score
2 weeks ago I rode my motorcycle home when it was 12 degrees out. Phone was in an outside coat pocket. It was streaming music through the bluetooth all the way no issues and was fine when I pulled it out at home. Probably better than me!

From my Rockin Rezound

JeffDenver

Reaction score
How do OLED screens fare in cold weather? I've always been curious about that. Do their "bacteria" (or whatever) die if it gets cold enough?