Returning phone - Undo mods?

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
Alright, I finally give up on my DX2. I have complained enough in this forum, so I won't bore with the details as to why.

What do I need to do to uninstall all the mods? Can I do a Factory Data Reset and be good to go? Or, is there more to it?

Mods are Gingerbreak, Superuser, SD Speed Increase, Script Manager, V6 supercharge script, TiBackup with bloat frozen and some of blur frozen, Root Explorer.

If I can't just do a FDR, I assume steps are the:

1. defrost apps
  2. undo scripts
  3. undo speed increase steps
  4. unistall TiBackup, Script Manager, SD Speed Increase, Root Explorer and Superuser
  5. Undo Gingerbreak and then uninstall that.
My biggest question is on step 2... what do I need to do there?

Thanks all for the great info on all of these tweaks. I think I will just revert back to my DX and I'll definitely apply these tweaks to that!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You really need to sbf.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
G

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
What is sbf?

Thought that wasn't available for DX2 yet.

turboteal

Reaction score
sbf is saved boot file, there is not one there, my opinion is unroot the gingerbread, there is a file in it for that, remove the other stuff & do a wipe to factory, but wate for more people to post & get more info

OP
G

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
Was option 14 in V6 script to reset to factory values. Followed the steps I outlined, with that option for my step 2, had no issues getting back to stock.

I then did a factory data reset and all was good.

vvildcard

Reaction score
You should be good with what you listed... the scripts have to be re-applied after every reboot, so just uninstalling Script Manager and rebooting takes care of all that.

Mavic

Reaction score
Actually the SBF is available now so if you wanted to flash it back to factory now, you can.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mrseak

Reaction score
Followed instructions to unroot, but Superuser still there as well as other mods made by Root Tools.

Will a factory reset take care of this?

vvildcard

Reaction score
Followed instructions to unroot, but Superuser still there as well as other mods made by Root Tools.

Will a factory reset take care of this?

I believe you need to manually uninstall the Superuser app (and any others).

thomasman

Reaction score
I believe you need to manually uninstall the Superuser app (and any others).[/QUOTE]

How do you manually do this?

vvildcard

Reaction score
The same way you uninstall any other program... The point was the factory reset doesn't remove superuser. SBF, on the other hand, will.