Returning phone back to stock for jellybean

Caraujo11

Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded Matt's 1.8 utility a while back and rooted my maxx. I also installed the .215 leak and voodoo. I want to return my phone back to stock so I can download the jellybean update. About a month ago my laptop crashed and I had to get a new hard drive so I lost everything. If I redownload the 1.8 utility,can I do everything from there? I know I can click option 1 to go back to .211. Can I unroot from there too? How can I save all of my apps so I don't lose them when I restore my phone? Most of my apps are off of 4shared and not the play store. Thanks

OP
C

Caraujo11

Reaction score
Ok, I'll download titanium. Will I lose it when I fdr? What if anything should I do with voodoo? I plan on rooting it again once I get jb.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-I'm pretty sure the JB rot has already been figured out. So you could voodoo or just reroot afterwards.

-You just reinstall titanium backup and root and restore the apps/app data.

OP
C

Caraujo11

Reaction score
Ok I downloaded titanium backup, I have a couple of questions. Should I save all programs and data to my sd card? Titanium saves them to my internal memory by default. What do I do with voodoo? Sorry if these seem like obvious questions, I'm not too good with this stuff. I only rooted my phone for the free wifi. Any other tips on making the change over to jb would be greatly appreciated.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Ok I downloaded titanium backup, I have a couple of questions. Should I save all programs and data to my sd card? Titanium saves them to my internal memory by default. What do I do with voodoo? Sorry if these seem like obvious questions, I'm not too good with this stuff. I only rooted my phone for the free wifi. Any other tips on making the change over to jb would be greatly appreciated.

-Yes save them to your SD card.

-I've read that voodoo is unnecessary because you can just reroot after the OTA.

Vicious1

Reaction score
Use Ti backup

Use Matt's 1.82 utility to go back to stock . 211.

FDR, clear cache and dalvik cache. Don't worry about root.

Download and install the JB ota available online like from droid life, and put on the root of your sd card (external)

Install via stock recovery.

Download Dan Rosenberg's Razr Blade OR use Matt's 1.90 utility to run razr blade to root jb and install root keeper.

Finally, go download safestrap 3.11

Enjoy.

OP
C

Caraujo11

Reaction score
Ok so I don't have to unroot the phone? I'll put back to .211, fdr, clear cache. What's the safestrap 3.11? I also noticed that titanium backed up 41 apps and data to my sd card but do I need to move everything to the ad card or just those apps?

Vicious1

Reaction score
Going back to stock. 211 will unroot.

Just move your ti backup to sd card ext so you don't erase it and it'll be fine.

OP
C

Caraujo11

Reaction score
I can move the whole titanium folder to my sd card but when I go to backup everything titanium only gives me an option to save everything in mnt/sd not ext/sd.

mlb917

Reaction score