JellyBean update for Razr/Razr Maxx the good the bad the ugly

Redalert

Reaction score
Thanks. That may do. I'm curious how much it affects battery life, but I like having some things right on the screen and I like seeing the time in bigger front rather than trying to squint at times at the title bar (particularly if I just woke up lol). I like the battery circle widget. I presume tapping it brings you to the stock battery meter, showing you what percentage of battery is taken up by each application? Are other Circles Widgets available from this install package?

Edit: How did you screen capture? I"m not rooted, already on JB.

Hold Power button, and vol. Down at same time for screenshot.

fdgooda

Reaction score
Hello everyone! First post here so don't be too harsh please lol.
Quick question...
If I manually install the JB update, would I be able to update my RAZR maxx to the official JB when Motorola decides to release it? I am not rooted

Thanks in advance

Redalert

Reaction score
Quick question...
If I manually install the JB update, would I be able to update my RAZR maxx to the official JB when Motorola decides to release it? I am not rooted

Thanks in advance

Not at this time

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Quick question...

Thanks in advance

We don't know for sure. I'm sure we won't know for sure until it's actually released.

But Motorola has to know there are thousands of us who are on JB now and need to take us into consideration before releasing the final version.

I tried getting it out of them via Facebook but the representative who runs their page gave me a run-around answer and "assured" us that every Razr & Razr Maxx user will be on the same final version of JB when it's released "Q1 of 2013".

Worst case scenario, our JB won't be compatible with the final release for whatever reason, but somebody will figure out a way around it and there will be threads online with steps to make it work. There will always be a way around it.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I'm still upset they got rid of sleep mode on JB.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in that too, however; I just read a review about a free battery app called "Battery Saver - Extra Power" that lets you set a mode that pretty much shuts down all processes without actually putting the phone completely to sleep.

Many other settings in between.

I'm thinking about installing it but haven't done so yet. I does have good ratings though.

David

fdgooda

Reaction score
We don't know for sure. I'm sure we won't know for sure until it's actually released.

But Motorola has to know there are thousands of us who are on JB now and need to take us into consideration before releasing the final version.

I tried getting it out of them via Facebook but the representative who runs their page gave me a run-around answer and "assured" us that every Razr & Razr Maxx user will be on the same final version of JB when it's released "Q1 of 2013".

Worst case scenario, our JB won't be compatible with the final release for whatever reason, but somebody will figure out a way around it and there will be threads online with steps to make it work. There will always be a way around it.

Okay. Looks like I will root my phone and get jellybeen that way. Seems like a less sketchy option. Thanks man!