Retail price?

bitter

Reaction score
Without an upgrade, because I am not eligible for 13 months. Has there been any information about what this thing is going to retail at? I think I may bite the bullet on it when it comes out if the price isn't too steep. I just got the Moto Droid in November, and I'm trying not to get stiffed to hard for the X.

I've googled this myself, and I have searched these forums and haven't found anything yet. I've also considered just waiting until December for this 2ghz one that's going to be supposedly coming out.

dclutter1

Reaction score
I would expect it to be around $600. Id wait it out, like you mentioned.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
I was just reading in another thread that someone confirmed that those of us that bought this phone last year will be able to upgrade to the Droid X. I expect this to be nonsense, but a man can dream.

Techenigma

Reaction score
I spoke to 4 different VZW people. Both customer service (*611) and in my local VZW store. I upgraded to my Droid in November 2009. I am not eligible for an upgrade until July, 2011. So I was told. I brought up this Early Upgrade promotion and was told it was a limited marketing promotion only available to certain customers. Who these chosen few are? Beats me...

But of course given the advances in the Android market, and the sheer awesomeness of a rooted Droid even if I must wait I'll be getting a really awesome phone come upgrade time.

hendrix

Reaction score
I called tech support to get some stuff on my bill straightened out. At the end of the call i was told that I qualified for a new smartphone promotion they are running. I told them that I would be interested in said promotion on the 15th. Guess i am one of the lucky few customers (granted my NE2 is available on the 18th).

iDroid

Reaction score
Is there any reason the Droid X would be excluded from the Annual Upgrade program? I got my Droid in November last year but am elegible for the annual upgrade in one more month.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was guessing it was going to be $599, but I've also heard $519 mentioned as well.. We should get more details this week.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm.hearing $549 as the set price. I am paying full POP for mine also.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

hendrix

Reaction score
Is there any reason the Droid X would be excluded from the Annual Upgrade program? I got my Droid in November last year but am elegible for the annual upgrade in one more month.

Don't see any reason why not. You won't get it on release day though.

OP
bitter

bitter

Reaction score
That's really not that bad. Considering the regular Droid goes for like $550