What do you think the Moto Z will be priced at?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Since we know the Moto Z and its sibling will be exclusive to Verizon (initially anyway), what do you think the price point will be on the device?

Will it come in somewhere around the $650 (retail price) which would be slightly more the than Turbo 2 (if I am remembering right)? What do you think the target price should be? And do you think Moto will follow Apple and Samsung and allow Verizon to make these annual upgrade eligible?

Sound off below with your thoughts!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Approximate range will be 5-700 after taxes.thats my guess

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Approximate range will be 5-700 after taxes.thats my guess
I'd guess around that. They want their money for the next supposedly iToy killer.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'd guess around that. They want their money for the next supposedly iToy killer.
Has Moto ever had an iToy killer?
Not trying to be snarky, this time, but the Sammy is typically the unit compared to the iToy, because it's typically better, faster etc...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has Moto ever had an iToy killer?
Not trying to be snarky, this time, but the Sammy is typically the unit compared to the iToy, because it's typically better, faster etc...
They tried with the Droid Razr M...same basic size, etc. It was advertised as an iPhone competitor. I think they sold well, but probably didn't make a dent in the iPhone sales. Nothing is ever going to kill off the iPhone except Apple itself, not even Sammy will kill off the iPhone with any of their phones. Never gonna happen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wasn't meaning to "kill" Apple, I was meaning a faster/better model, etc. W/O Apple, Android would still be competing with Blackberry, they each make each other better.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wasn't meaning to "kill" Apple, I was meaning a faster/better model, etc. W/O Apple, Android would still be competing with Blackberry, they each make each other better.
OK, gotcha. I obviously misunderstood the term. I'll put my current phone against any iPhone any time and it kills it in my opinion.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
$599 sounds like a good/competitive price point.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I think the Z Force will be around $650-$700, and the Z between $400-$450. The current Turbo 2 is roughly $625 and Maxx 2 is $385. The Force should be part of the 50% upgrade option. Isn't the Turbo 2 part of it? We don't sell the phone at my store, so I'm not sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk