Restore to Stock with Deodex.Root.Busybox 2.4.29

Status
Not open for further replies.

biknut1

Reaction score
Asking for help! I just tried to reflash my D2G back to stock with the Deodex.zip file found in this forum. I copied it from the computer to the root of the SD Card. I did a backup in CWM. With CWM I wiped cache/data/factory restore. But here's where the problem comes in- which file in this .zip do I select? When I select D2G2.4.330.Deodex.Root.Busybox.2.4.29apks.zip, it opens that file up to the subfolders. Should it run from the .zip file, or do I select a file inside the .zip?

I now have a phone that is still rooted, some apps still there, some are gone. It is usuable, but I would like to flash it to stock, re-root, and start over with Fission.

Thanks ahead of time for your help- it is greatly appreciated!

rusty815

Reaction score
you have to go into clockworkmod recovery and tell it to install a zip from your sd card, then select the zip, then the rest is automated

OP
B

biknut1

Reaction score
you have to go into clockworkmod recovery and tell it to install a zip from your sd card, then select the zip, then the rest is automated

I DID do that, and the file opened up to show the sub-folders.

rusty815

Reaction score
its not supposed to do that, are you sure you have it as a .zip compressed folder?

ok, follow my instructions, with the zip file in the root of your sd card, while in android use the app droid 2 bootstraper to bootstrap the recover, then reboot recovery. in clockworkmod recovery, go "install zip from sdcard" and push the camera button in all the way, then select "choose zip from sdcard" and in the menu (should be a menu with everything you on your sdcard) navigate down to the zip file for the stock rom, and select it. the rest is automated.

dont forget that you should backup your rom before installing, and you have to wipe cache/data before installing the zip.

OP
B

biknut1

Reaction score
Honestly, that is how I did do it. I put Fission on about 3 weeks ago. After I saw how it was done, I started putting themes galore on the phone. That's why I want to start fresh- some are overlaying the others. But I have done this probably a dozen or more times now, and feel comfortable with it. But when I get into CWM and select that particular .zip file it just opens up all the subfolders in it. I will try downloading it again, maybe my file is corrupt.

Thanks for helping!

Ultim8gamr

Reaction score
If you made a android backup before installing fission you can go back to that "stock" form. This is the reason everyone suggests making android backups before experimenting with roms. Hope a fresh dl of the GRD stock deodexed zip solves the problem for you

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
B

biknut1

Reaction score
Starting over

If you made a android backup before installing fission you can go back to that "stock" form. This is the reason everyone suggests making android backups before experimenting with roms. Hope a fresh dl of the GRD stock deodexed zip solves the problem for you

When I was getting ready to ROM, I read that over & over, and did mean to do it. But when the time came, I was unsure of exactly which step I was at that I skipped right by it before I knew it. Being extremely visual, I had to see it first before it made sense to me. Now it would be easy!

I'll try downloading a new file, see if that makes a difference. If not, I'll be back!

Thanks for your info.

Status
Not open for further replies.