Restarts with Titanium Backup

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
i just installed Liberty last night and did a data wipe 3 or 4 times. put liberty on and everything was gone (because of the data wipe) all that is fine and dandy. but when i put Titanium Pro on, it restarts the phone no matter what i try to restore. Debugging is on, Allowing unknown apks is checked in settings, what am i doing wrong? help? thanks.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Titanium Backup, but I use the free version. Are you trying to do batch restorations? I always restore things one by one and only restore data on apps that I need the old data from... Restoring any system data is going to give you problems.

OP
g i 8 1 2

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
it's weird. i've never had this problem before.

one example of this is angry birds. it wont let me restore app only nor app & data. the window pops up as if it were to begin and then it just reboots.

and isnt my google account/market supposed to remember what apps i had last and redownload them?

Cytochrome

Reaction score

one example of this is angry birds. it wont let me restore app only nor app & data. the window pops up as if it were to begin and then it just reboots.

and isnt my google account/market supposed to remember what apps i had last and redownload them?

Google will only remember your paid aps, not the free apps. For that I suggest you try App Brain, I don't really use it for anything else other than to sync my apps. Also, did you try installing angry birds from market first and then using Titanium Backup to restore the data?

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Google will only remember your paid aps, not the free apps. For that I suggest you try App Brain, I don't really use it for anything else other than to sync my apps. Also, did you try installing angry birds from market first and then using Titanium Backup to restore the data?

Google will remember all your apps. When I loaded Liberty, it began redownloading EVERY SINGLE APP I had from the market. I then restored data for the things I needed, such as angry birds, from titanium backup. No problems whatsoever.

Cytochrome

Reaction score

Google will remember all your apps. When I loaded Liberty, it began redownloading EVERY SINGLE APP I had from the market. I then restored data for the things I needed, such as angry birds, from titanium backup. No problems whatsoever.

Is there a setting I am missing? Every time I install a ROM Goggle only downloads the apps I paid for.

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Is there a setting I am missing? Every time I install a ROM Goggle only downloads the apps I paid for.

I dunno... under privacy settings do you have backup my data and restore data both checked? I've never had a problem with this. I hear of people not getting their apps restored and that appbrain resolves this, so I downloaded appbrain, but I've never had to use it.

Cytochrome

Reaction score
hmmm that's very interesting, yes I have both those options checked. since it never worked for me I just assumed Google only stores my paid aps! Well, guess I'll do some research on this issue.

OP
g i 8 1 2

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
okay so during lunch i did some more data wipes, cache..everything and even reinstalled from zip.

nothing changed lol and the market doesnt even down load my paid apps, it only shows me them and ill have to go back and redo each one. only once (and i forget what rom i switched to) did it actually download ALL my apps

radster24

Reaction score
Did u ever get that problem fixed im having the same issue i cant get titanium to work it just keep going into reboot every time i run batch operations

validoption

Reaction score
This has been going on for awhile with changing DX roms. I've gone over to MyBackup Root because of it.

However, it was stipulated in a thread on TranQ that one of tthe issues is that each ROM uses a different version of busybox. Apparently if you use TB on, say, busybox version A to backup on one ROM and then load up a new ROM that hhappens to use busybox version B, when you run the batch operation the phone reboots.

It was also suggested to, prior to backup, click the Problems? button inside of TB to install its own ver of busybox, then backup. Then on the new ROM, do that again prior to restore.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
g i 8 1 2

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
no never found it. it's still doing it to me but i just gave up on using it. i tried the free and paid, uninstalling and reinstalling. no luck. no idea what caused the problem. lo siento.

OP
g i 8 1 2

g i 8 1 2

Reaction score
This has been going on for awhile with changing DX roms. I've gone over to MyBackup Root because of it.

However, it was stipulated in a thread on TranQ that one of tthe issues is that each ROM uses a different version of busybox. Apparently if you use TB on, say, busybox version A to backup on one ROM and then load up a new ROM that hhappens to use busybox version B, when you run the batch operation the phone reboots.

It was also suggested to, prior to backup, click the Problems? button inside of TB to install its own ver of busybox, then backup. Then on the new ROM, do that again prior to restore.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

never knew that. ill have to try it. thanks man hopefully that is the problem
but just curious, why do they use different versions, are they updated/changed that often or are they just versions made by the dev?