Reset weather widget

oopslolz

Reaction score
For some reason my weather widget when i'm at home always says 14 or current location, not the city name anymore. it has the correct name when i travel if i toggle gps and update the weather but never at home. is the anyway way to reset it clear the saved locations? I already tried the HTC weather widget in setting but all cache clearing options and the likes were grayed out. thanks for any help .

fentos

Reaction score
I am wondering the same thing. Mine just hardly ever updates, unless I am on the move or manually go in and make it update. It can be 11:00pm sitting at home (which is B-01 for me, not the correct location name) and it will say sunny and 45 degrees.

Fairfax22032

Reaction score
I have just learned to live with this...it comes and goes. Yesterday my phone showed the weather for my 'current' location in Germany, even though I was in Virginia just outside DC. I happened to be driving near a VZW store and showed this to someone in customer service who could only respond with "That's odd..."

Not really the best solution, but I have several locations in WeatherBug including my home just in case.

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
Look in the lower right hand corner of the weather display. If you see something that looks like this then I think I know your problem.

^
1/2

You have 2 or more cities selected to view. To view another city just slide your finger up on the display and it will change cities. If you inadvertently slide your finger then you may be changing cities and not realize it. That's what happened to me until I figured it out.

To add or delete cities go into your menu area.
What I did was to delete all cites at first and then to set my location. After that I added the cities I wanted to see. You can also arrange the cities in any order you want to see.

I hope this helps

OP
oopslolz

oopslolz

Reaction score
I figured out what it is, for me atleast. I use advanced task killer as im sure many eris users do (i know they say you dont need it but my eris can get sluggish with lots of apps running). I tried just not closing weather and it still gave me the issue, then on a whim I tried not closing the clock app as well. Voila! problem solved. It updates when I change position and the only apps I have running when idling are clock, weather, and atk.

That should solve it, just don't close out clock and weather and it should work.

and have location on ofcourse