[REQUEST] App to record my screen? [REQUEST]

Reaction score
I was playing Xbox and I was filming my games, and then I got an idea. What if there was an app that would let me plug my phone into the usb port on my Xbox 360, and then it would let me record my games from my phone and save the videos onto my sd card? It would be a big convience because my phone is 100X faster than my computer and it takes me an hour to open a video on my computer and 2 seconds to open one on my phone. Id pay 20 bucks for an app like this.
Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

OP
B
Reaction score
Also when I was writing this, I thought that it would be cool if there was an app to record my phone screen, like Hypercam on a computer but a mobile version.

Natey2

Reaction score
my phone is 100X faster than my computer and it takes me an hour to open a video on my computer and 2 seconds to open one on my phone.

A 1GHz Snapdragon (about the same power as the TI OMAP?) processor is about as fast as a 1GHz Pentium 3.
What kind of PC do you have that is so much slower than your phone? :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

OP
B
Reaction score
my phone is 100X faster than my computer and it takes me an hour to open a video on my computer and 2 seconds to open one on my phone.

A 1GHz Snapdragon (about the same power as the TI OMAP?) processor is about as fast as a 1GHz Pentium 3.

I have an eMachines T3656 which was made in like 2007. 1GB of RAM and a 2 GHZ processor. Whenever I try to even open up a web browser it'll take 20 minutes. Or sometimes when I am typing, I will finish what I typed but it will be so slow that only half of the message I typed will show up and then it'll show that its still typing the rest. I always tell my mom we need a new computer, or at least buy another ram card for 20 dollars but she just ignores me.

Natey2

Reaction score

I have an eMachines T3656 which was made in like 2007. 1GB of RAM and a 2 GHZ processor. Whenever I try to even open up a web browser it'll take 20 minutes. Or sometimes when I am typing, I will finish what I typed but it will be so slow that only half of the message I typed will show up and then it'll show that its still typing the rest. I always tell my mom we need a new computer, or at least buy another ram card for 20 dollars but she just ignores me.

Mod, sorry if this is off topic, but...

1. I'd try running CCleaner on the PC to clear cached/temp files.
2. Uninstall/disable browser plugins, or get a new browser (Firefox, Chrome ...)
3. Try to disable preinstalled bloatware. Some AV suites can take a toll on slower machines, but you should have some kind of AV on Windows PCs.
4. Defragment hard disk.

20 minutes to launch a browser on a 1GB RAM, 2GHz Intel Celeron machine does not seem right.

I hope there isn't some kind of malware on the PC that is slowing things down...

If the hard disk is dying, access to anything will be VERY slow.

Last edited:
OP
B
Reaction score

Mod, sorry if this is off topic, but...

1. I'd try running CCleaner on the PC to clear cached/temp files.
2. Uninstall/disable browser plugins, or get a new browser (Firefox, Chrome ...)
3. Try to disable preinstalled bloatware. Some AV suites can take a toll on slower machines, but you should have some kind of AV on Windows PCs.
4. Defragment hard disk.

20 minutes to launch a browser on a 1GB RAM, 2GHz Intel Celeron machine does not seem right.

I hope there isn't some kind of malware on the PC that is slowing things down...

If the hard disk is dying, access to anything will be VERY slow.

I use ccleaner probably once a week.
I have malware bytes installed and I scan with that only when I think I have a major threat. Other than that my av is microsoft security essentials. And neither of those have picked up anything. I've uninstalled pretty much everything my computer came with. And I use firefox. But I rarely use it now because that's the one that takes 20 minutes to open. Internet explorer opens pretty fast. I've done ran a checkdisk scan and didn't get errors.

jmichaelm

Reaction score

Something seriously wrong with that. Assuming you don't game on it (how could you really) it's a perfect machine for installing Ubuntu. And if that's slow you can be sure it's a hardware problem.

But about setting the phone up to receive xbox data, wouldn't the issue be creating an xbox app to share the data more than an android app to receive it?

OP
B
Reaction score

Something seriously wrong with that. Assuming you don't game on it (how could you really) it's a perfect machine for installing Ubuntu. And if that's slow you can be sure it's a hardware problem.

But about setting the phone up to receive xbox data, wouldn't the issue be creating an xbox app to share the data more than an android app to receive it?

Ill try installing Ubuntu and see what happens.

If the xbox can support external video capturing hardware, couldn't a dev just manipulate the programming used for the video capturing hardware and compile it into an app?
Sorry if I sound stupid right now I'm not too smart with this stuff.

jmichaelm

Reaction score

If the xbox can support external video capturing hardware, couldn't a dev just manipulate the programming used for the video capturing hardware and compile it into an app?

One more thing about the browser load speed. Did you check your network speed? That's another place it could be slow.

All of the video game recording solutions I've seen use video capture hardware. My phone doesn't have this hardware; none I've seen do. It's not always possible to replace hardware with software and this seems like one of those situations.

OP
B
Reaction score

One more thing about the browser load speed. Did you check your network speed? That's another place it could be slow.

All of the video game recording solutions I've seen use video capture hardware. My phone doesn't have this hardware; none I've seen do. It's not always possible to replace hardware with software and this seems like one of those situations.

My network isn't slow.
I have cable internet. 80 mbps.
But I don't really need to complain about my slow pc anymore.
Vista is just a HUGE pile of garbage.
I installed Ubuntu like the guy on the first page said I should and now Firefox opens in 2 seconds and so does any other program. I love it. It also has a way better UI than Vista.
I'm only keeping Vista on my computer because the other people in my household aren't used to Linux.
And its all good if we can't record from our phones.
I read somewhere that a phone isn't fast enough anyways and it would have a horrible frame rate and I want my videos in hd so I'd prefer an actual capture card anyways. My phone was just my fallback since I hated my computer.