replacing razr speakerphone, music speaker

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
has anyone had a problem with there speakerphone , music speaker? mine is crackling to the point of no return. its horrible. can barely hear ringtones and i want to fix this. dont have insurance and got the phone on craigslist as a trade for my stratosphere. he told me that the speaker was going bad but deff. worth the trade in my eyes. but anyway, has anyone successfully replaced the speaker? do i have to use the speaker that comes in the razr or can i use a speaker from another cellphone? any input woud be much appreciated. please dont tell me that you think im dumb for trading for it. in my eyes the trade was a great trade. stratosphere for the razr...especially since the only thing wrong with the razr is the loud speaker. im very happy..just want to get this phone in great working condition. as there is no scratches or anything on this phone. im in love LOL :) thanks to all that helps me with my question. i really appreciate it a lot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
has anyone had a problem with there speakerphone , music speaker? mine is crackling to the point of no return. its horrible. can barely hear ringtones and i want to fix this. dont have insurance and got the phone on craigslist as a trade for my stratosphere. he told me that the speaker was going bad but deff. worth the trade in my eyes. but anyway, has anyone successfully replaced the speaker? do i have to use the speaker that comes in the razr or can i use a speaker from another cellphone? any input woud be much appreciated. please dont tell me that you think im dumb for trading for it. in my eyes the trade was a great trade. stratosphere for the razr...especially since the only thing wrong with the razr is the loud speaker. im very happy..just want to get this phone in great working condition. as there is no scratches or anything on this phone. im in love LOL :) thanks to all that helps me with my question. i really appreciate it a lot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Must be the exact OEM speaker as it was designed to fit into that unique spot inside the phone. There are tear down videos on YouTube, and the part is available from dealers on the Web.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
eddiekeyton

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
thank you. answered it exactly for me.

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

StephenC

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X (2nd Gen)
I actually have an extra middle housing off of a donor RAZR that has that speaker attached. The water damage indicator is red, but the speaker (and the camera flash that is built in with the housing) both work. PM me if you're interested.