Droid Razr 3rd warranty replacement on its way

4smilee

Reaction score
I bought a new Droid Razr earlier this year and have absolutely loved it. Until about a month ago, when the ear-speaker stopped working. I could make calls using speakphone or with a bluetooth device, but I couldn't hear anything if I just used it like a regular phone. I took it to a Verizon store, they checked it out, tried safe mode, etc, and declared it a hardware failure. They ordered me a warranty replacement.

I got the replacement, and quickly found that it was in worse shape than my original. GPS never worked and the screen would randomly stop working (wouldn't wake up from sleep without a reboot ---- which is tricky to do when you can't see the screen). I again took it to a store, they did a factory reset. Still didn't work so I called Verizon, and they sent me warranty replacement #2.

Warranty replacement #2 arrives and I think all is well. GPS works, screen works, speakers all work.

Until last night, when the ear speaker quit working. Seriously? I can't find evidence of this being a common problem. I haven't dropped it or mishandled it in any way. I have only had it about a week. I called Verizon and warranty replacement #3 is on its way . . . . but what are the odds of this happening again? What are the odds they sent my original back to me? Anyone heard of this? Any ideas? Verizon couldn't find any issues with settings or apps . . . but this seems too big a coincidence to me. I would love ideas.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
I went through 4 CLN for various issues and 1 was a bad earpiece speaker. Like yours, I could hear fine with speaker phone or bluetooth. Tech support didnt gave any cases of it...now they should have 3. They finally upgraded me to a Maxx for my inconvenience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP

4smilee

Reaction score
Interesting. Like you, they are sending me a Maxx this time. I am just hoping it works!

djspy

Reaction score
Are you radioactive? You seem to cause great harm to your devices.

All kidding aside, it sucks that your phones had problems. On the bright side you got upgraded to a Maxx!

mapd00d

Reaction score
I went through 4 CLN for various issues and 1 was a bad earpiece speaker. Like yours, I could hear fine with speaker phone or bluetooth. Tech support didnt gave any cases of it...now they should have 3. They finally upgraded me to a Maxx for my inconvenience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

I'm on my 3rd Razr as well. for me, the first 2 had a bad headphone jack. worked for a while, but stopped responding. I kinda hope it happens again, i want a maxx upgrade!

OP

4smilee

Reaction score
djspy --- yeah, maybe that funny looking spider that bit me gave me super powers after all.

Not sad about the Maxx upgrade, but annoyed and worried that maybe the Razr is fundamentally problematic . . . . can't live with phone problems until I am eligible for another upgrade, so this better work!

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Received Maxx today with 1/2 price Defender...very happy with Verizon for stepping up.

usafvet74

Reaction score
My second Razr is on it's way. My phone hasn't had the speaker problems, but other problems. My battery life is horrible (I know w a droid I should expect it but I was charging almost 5 times a day without anything running on it), won't even hold a charge, freezes up, etc. New one on the way, but not holding my breath. Almost regret it. Also the Slacker ap keeps disappering on me. I have it set on one of my screens but it randomly disappears!!! Still there, but invisible.