droid x or droid 2 as warranty replacement

droid_rage

Reaction score
I have an original Droid that does not work at the moment, the phone will turn on but the screen won't do the same. The screen is backlight but nothing ever comes onto it. I went into my local Verizon store and they said that I could get a replacement under warranty, but I was curious, would it be possible to get the Droid X as a warranty replacement phone by paying a little money? Or when the Droid 2 comes out will I be able to get that as a replacement like how people with Blackberry Tours are getting Bolds? I couldn't find anything that answered my questions so I thought I would throw the idea out there. Thanks for the input.

kenvp

Reaction score
I have an original Droid that does not work at the moment, the phone will turn on but the screen won't do the same. The screen is backlight but nothing ever comes onto it. I went into my local Verizon store and they said that I could get a replacement under warranty, but I was curious, would it be possible to get the Droid X as a warranty replacement phone by paying a little money? Or when the Droid 2 comes out will I be able to get that as a replacement like how people with Blackberry Tours are getting Bolds? I couldn't find anything that answered my questions so I thought I would throw the idea out there. Thanks for the input.
Every time that I have used the insurance replacement over the last 4 years, they always say that I need to get the same phone and there is no upgrade option.

Ken

offcamberjk

Reaction score
The only way they will upgrade you is when the original Droid is being discontinued.

liam.

Reaction score
You have to have SERIOUS issues with your phone to get a different phone as a replacement. My partner at work has went through 5 droids in 6mo the finally gave her the chance to upgrade to the X early for $50.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

esant

Reaction score
I went through 6 omnias until I just paid for the droid. They told me there was no way to upgrade early or pay the difference even though the omni a wasn't being sold anymore. They just kept sending me refurb ones with the same problems.