Replacement battery issues

Juicedup2k9

Reaction score
Ok I have only had my Droid X for about 3 weeks and I already knew how they suck batteries dry so I ordered several spare batteries off ebay along with the charger that the batteries pop in and it charges them without phone, one OEM battery came with the charger and I also bought another from a different ebay seller, ok now the problem is I charged the extra batteries and when my factory battery died I replaced with the new/charged battery and where the battery symbol is I am getting a white question mark and it doesnt show a full battery, I am getting this with both of the replacement batteries. I am sure this is something that you guys have seen so whats the problem?

OP
J

Juicedup2k9

Reaction score
Not really worried about the use time with the battery at this point, I am trying to figure out why the new batteries are giving me an error/question mark where the battery signal strength is.

g34rh34d

Reaction score
Ok I have only had my Droid X for about 3 weeks and I already knew how they suck batteries dry so I ordered several spare batteries off ebay along with the charger that the batteries pop in and it charges them without phone, one OEM battery came with the charger and I also bought another from a different ebay seller, ok now the problem is I charged the extra batteries and when my factory battery died I replaced with the new/charged battery and where the battery symbol is I am getting a white question mark and it doesnt show a full battery, I am getting this with both of the replacement batteries. I am sure this is something that you guys have seen so whats the problem?

I have the same issue, (in fact I was hoping to see if anyone has resolved this issue with an app. or OS update.)

Here's the deal. The older version (pre android 2.0) would recognize the aftermarket batteries just fine. Then when those wonderful folks updated the DX to the new OS, the battery charging and monitor indication feature had appeared to be disabled. Worse yet, when you have an aftermarket (non-motorola) battery in your phone, you cannot charge the battery via the factory cord/charger or even while using the car dock. (really sucks that they did this.) :icon_evil:

I believe they (motorola??) obviously did this on purpose to force you to buy their brand of battery. Which is Bull**** if you ask me. why spend 40+ dollars on average for a battery. There is no reason for batteries to be that expensive with battery technology where it is today.

Hopefully someone will come up with an app to allow you to charge and use aftermarket batteries. Who knows.

Standalone010

Reaction score

I have the same issue, (in fact I was hoping to see if anyone has resolved this issue with an app. or OS update.)

Here's the deal. The older version (pre android 2.0) would recognize the aftermarket batteries just fine. Then when those wonderful folks updated the DX to the new OS, the battery charging and monitor indication feature had appeared to be disabled. Worse yet, when you have an aftermarket (non-motorola) battery in your phone, you cannot charge the battery via the factory cord/charger or even while using the car dock. (really sucks that they did this.) :icon_evil:

I believe they (motorola??) obviously did this on purpose to force you to buy their brand of battery. Which is Bull**** if you ask me. why spend 40+ dollars on average for a battery. There is no reason for batteries to be that expensive with battery technology where it is today.

Hopefully someone will come up with an app to allow you to charge and use aftermarket batteries. Who knows.

Damn, I have a D2 and I've been wondering the same thing. I had the Best Buy Black Tie Protection for a month, got my free battery, then canceled the plan after a few months of getting used to not dropping my phone. The battery they got me was an after-market brand which I don't mind, but I have the same issue as OP... I'm surprised this issue hasn't come up more often :(

Also, bumping in the hopes of an answer somewhere dancedroiddancedroid