Extended battery issues

cjb5327

Reaction score
sooooo...I got my sweet extended battery last night from amazon. Its the 2300mAh battery and it was doing work last nigth and early this morning. My Droid X like to freeze and lag up periodically, so I usually turn it off then back on or i just pull the battery. Well today I pulled the battery and it wont turn back on. I do have the extended battery in my phone as well. I have connected my phone to the charger and the battery logo comes up saying it is charging. I do manage to get the phone to turn on and boot up, but the charger has to stay in it or else the phone will turn off. When the phone is off and i plug it it says the battery is at 60% and still charging, but when I am able to boot the phone up while it's still plugged in, it says it's at 100%. My assumption is that this brand new battery is bad!....any help or suggestions, or should I just return it to amazon and getta new one.

clueless77

Reaction score
either yes a bad battery or, but i dont know why, it could need to be calibrated, have you tried using the old battery again

OP
C

cjb5327

Reaction score
well I am at work so i will try my old one when i get home. How would I calibrate it if my phone is not rooted

clueless77

Reaction score
well I am at work so i will try my old one when i get home. How would I calibrate it if my phone is not rooted

Good point, did not even consider you weren't rooted, but yes try old battery and check because that does seem strange

BAD ASS X