Droid X extended battery issues

chrisjm00

Reaction score
So i've been having some interesting issues with my extended battery for my Droid X. This doesn't happen with my standard battery so i'm sure that it isn't the phone. Basically what happens is that I put my phone on the charger before I go to sleep, and when I wake up the battery icon is an outline with a question mark inside of it. The battery is fine, it holds a good charge, and it definitely is an improvement over the stock battery, but it tells me the battery status is unknown. I haven't gotten any of the messages saying that the battery isn't supported or anything. I guess I really have two questions. The first being this. This more or less just seems to be a quirk, it doesn't affect the battery life or the ability to charge. It never changes during charging, only AFTER the battery is fully charged. Is this just something that I can ignore and go on with my day, or is it something that I should get exchanged to see if anything improves? I already exchanged the first extended battery that was doing the same thing. Could it be just something wrong with the 2.2.1 update? My second question is will this harm my phone in any way? Once the icon changes to the battery with the question mark, it doesn't recognizer that a charger is connected. Could that do any damage to the phone at all?