Question mark in battery

polwar

Reaction score
My DX will not charge and it is completely dead. Won't charge in USB or in the wall. I was stuck at the "M" screen and can only get into custom recovery (main is clockwork). When I plug it into the wall, the only display is the battery outline with a question mark. I plug it in the the USB and the green light comes on but wont charge. Now, I know what I need to do and I'm sure some of you reading this do too. My question is...is there a special way I can charge it like in recovery or something anybody might know? A battery charger I can buy from Walmart or RadioShack? Any help or feedback is much appreciated.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you plug it in and leave it there for a few hours, it should pick up a charge, if not you might have to get an external charger or take the battery to Verizon

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My DX will not charge and it is completely dead. Won't charge in USB or in the wall. I was stuck at the "M" screen and can only get into custom recovery (main is clockwork). When I plug it into the wall, the only display is the battery outline with a question mark. I plug it in the the USB and the green light comes on but wont charge. Now, I know what I need to do and I'm sure some of you reading this do too. My question is...is there a special way I can charge it like in recovery or something anybody might know? A battery charger I can buy from Walmart or RadioShack? Any help or feedback is much appreciated.

It's under warranty isn't it? Take it back to Verizon, they will give you a new charger or battery. Or are you rooted?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hook, a Custom Recovery was mentioned...this is why I listed VZW as a last resort ;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw recovery, I didn't see custom recovery. Of course if he's rooted going to Verizon wouldn't be the wisest choice.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
If you have not done so, also remove the battery, put the battery back in & then plug into your wall charger...

Sent from my Droid X

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried removing the battery and rubbing a pencil eraser on the battery and phone contacts?
MOTO batteries internal starship are flak if the least amount of crud gets on them and all batteries build up some,depending on the environment the faster
sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk