removing preinstalled apps

OP
M

MadisonMarine

Reaction score
Thanks...I want to block or put a password on just the gmail app..can this be done?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There may be an app for that, let me check around and ill get back to you on that, and maybe in the meantime someone else on the forum might know. :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have searched around with no success. There doesn't seem to be 1 program that will lock just gmail, that i can find.

rdalemercer

Reaction score
Can you even "hide" them?

On the BB, I was able ot "hide" the apps that I didn't want cluttering up my "desktop".

Is there any way to do this? At least I wouldn't have to see them.....

Danthok

Reaction score
Yeah I installed Handcent SMS and now everytime I get a text message I have to check it in both Handcent and the default client to clear my notifications. I tried to find a way to uninstall/disable it but have yet to find a way. I chose Handcent to be my default client but it makes no difference both programs get the message.

Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Randomocity

Reaction score
Yeah I installed Handcent SMS and now everytime I get a text message I have to check it in both Handcent and the default client to clear my notifications. I tried to find a way to uninstall/disable it but have yet to find a way. I chose Handcent to be my default client but it makes no difference both programs get the message.

Disable notifications in the messaging app.

@rda, unfortunately there's no built in way to do this. My personal recommendation is PandaHome, which is beginning to look like a really solid home alternative, and has an option to hide certain apps. Good luck.

Danthok

Reaction score

Disable notifications in the messaging app.

@rda, unfortunately there's no built in way to do this. My personal recommendation is PandaHome, which is beginning to look like a really solid home alternative, and has an option to hide certain apps. Good luck.

So obvious yet I could not figure it out, thanks you saved me a headache!

nexus31

Reaction score
BS APP! I want to use netflix. I hope someone figures out how to remove this pesky of an app that updates ever hour. TALK about branding!

cheerios!

NEXUS

Phillipsave

Reaction score
You can hide any apps you want as an option with alternative home screen launcher pro.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm a little confused. You can removed pre-installed apps as long as you are rooted. Otherwise, you can't. I don't know who is or isn't rooted so I can't say much other than that.