How Do I remove pre installed apps: facebook

lemm1388

Reaction score
I was wandering if it's possible to remove preinstalled applications. I don't want things on there I'm never going to use

dont think its possible to completely remove pre-installed apps. You can remove them from the home screens but thats about it

Well thats lame not every one wants to be a Facebook stocker.

Is there a comprehensive manual available for the droid?

So this may be dumb but how do you delete apps youu download

You need to go to settings>applications>manage applications

If you want to remove an app from the home screens, just hold it for a few seconds and drag it to the bottom of the screen til it turns red and let go.

If there isnt one today, I'm sure there will be "tomorrow" :D

Somebody wants to remove facebook? Say it isnt so......thought I was the only one in the world who didnt live on it.

I know where they are installed, but i dont know how to delete them. ;)

If you use a file manager, they are located within the /system/app

I'm not sure astro allows you to delete the files, but if there is a manager that can, if you remove them from that folder it "SHOULD" delete the app from the main section.

*CAUTION* While I am sure they reside there, i do not 100% know the ramifications of removing them. So if you find a way to, do so under caution.

Do this not work:
You can remove unwanted third party applications from your Motorola Droid with these steps:
1. From the main screen, press the Menu button.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Applications.
4. Tap Manage applications.
5. Select the application you wish to remove.
6. Tap Uninstall.

I don't get my Droid until Monday, so I haven't been able to try it.

Do this not work:
You can remove unwanted third party applications from your Motorola Droid with these steps:
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Applications.
6. Tap Uninstall.

Only works for apps you installed yourself. Does not show the apps that came with the phone

Do this not work:
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Applications.
6. Tap Uninstall.

Only works for apps you installed yourself. Does not show the apps that came with the phone

Hmmmm....thanks for that. I will take a look and see what I can find. I'm sure there is a way to do it.

OK here is an edit to my previous post. There is a file explorer in the app store called "EXPLORER" it's better then astro in my opinion, but go to the directory i stated and you CAN delete the file.. but i do not know if that would work of what will happen if you do.

Back