How Do I remove pre installed apps: facebook

OP
L

lemm1388

Reaction score
I choose not to plaster my life on the internet- which is odd considering my a tech nut

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I'm sure that once you root the phone, you should be able to do pretty much anything you want. Of course, has anyone heard of that being done yet?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure that once you root the phone, you should be able to do pretty much anything you want. Of course, has anyone heard of that being done yet?

I have the "explorer" app file manager, and can see where the OS apps are located and it will allow me to delete them, but seeing as i'm not 100% what happens if you do, i'm not going to.. lol.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
apps you download can be deleted by going to settings>applications>manage applications. you need root access to remove pre-installed apps and i dont think we'll be seeing a DROID root process for a few months. keep in mind methods for the sapphire(MT3G) and the dream(G1) wont work on this device.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
it only gives the the option to delete the apps but it wont actually let you due to the system being read only. you need the capabilty to remount the system as read/write to delete stock apps.

I have the "explorer" app file manager, and can see where the OS apps are located and it will allow me to delete them, but seeing as i'm not 100% what happens if you do, i'm not going to.. lol.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it only gives the the option to delete the apps but it wont actually let you due to the system being read only. you need the capabilty to remount the system as read/write to delete stock apps.

Did you try doing it, or are you just saying that's what you believe?

thrashtrash

Reaction score
yes i actually tried it with explorer, astro, and a few others i cant remember. i have been trying to get rid of that damn verizon visual voicemail. if you have had any luck with removing apps please let me know how. i would recommend you try removing an app that isnt google because in my experience with the dream and the sapphire it will cause the google.acore to stop functioning. try deleting the stock facebook app or something to test it yourself.

Did you try doing it, or are you just saying that's what you believe?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah there's only like 2 things i would try to delete and facebook is one because you can add it back just not to the system part.

thrashtrash

Reaction score
so yeah sorry, i believe no dice til we get root. all of you please feel free to test just remember dont try to remove google apps cuz it will corrupt your system and we dont have recovery images yet!!! cyanogen or haryouko?? someone will be able to root this thing.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If there isnt one today, I'm sure there will be "tomorrow" :D

Somebody wants to remove facebook? Say it isnt so......thought I was the only one in the world who didnt live on it.
im not a big fan of facebook myself lol

xxfire

Reaction score
tech support says not deleteable...
Same with Visual VM.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
aww man that sux...it bothers me knowing that there is somethin on my phone knowing that im not gonna use it lol

cramit

Reaction score
My experience with mobile computers tells me that the built in apps are usually in the ROM. This is both good and bad. The good thing is that they do not eat the available space for storing your own applications, the bad thing is that you can not remove them with out re-flashing/re-writing the ROM.

I have only played with the Droid briefly at the Verizon store, but I have had many mobile computers over the years and they have mostly been set up this way.

sexy6s

Reaction score
root and astro to delete stock apps

anyone try root and astro to uninstall these useless apps...i have the 2.1 gallery and the old stock one which I would like to get rid of along with the visual voicemail and Amazon...has anyone done this because I can def see the Alps in the folder but with my phone still unrooted I haven't been able to do this...

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
You can download stock apps on a rooted Droid, but beware because some people have run into problems after doing so. Check out the Hacks forum for much more info.