Remove Google FIT fom your Wearable

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Man, I've looked every where to try and disable FIT on my G Watch. Just to save those few % points of battery life. Not that my battery life sucks, by any means.
But... well you know how we Android Folk are. We don't want extraneous stuff running on our devices.
Yea, I saw the post on XDA about doing it with root. Not rooted. Don't need to be.
But... AMEN AND HALLELUJAH I finally found it.

THANK YOU REDDIT!!!!

It worked! It freaking worked!
Happy day.... :D

(How I did it since I stopped notifications).
"Ok Google"
Scroll through the list and find SHOW ME MY STEPS.
Swipe Left until you see TURN OFF THIS STUPID APP or something like that. :D

Attachments

• Android Wear Screenshot.png
    Android Wear Screenshot.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 852
Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
How the eff is it that easy? I swear I've scrolled in there before to see what else it offered and didn't see that option before. I'm wondering if they didn't push a silent update to give the option?

Either way, you're the man Pere! Thanks for sharing. This has been the main thorn in my side since I got the g watch. Is it a big deal? No. Was it annoying to have to swipe that useless notification away a few times a day? Definitely.

Last edited:
OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
IKR? TOO EASY.
And I turned off Notifications a long time ago. So I could have just swiped left ONE MOR E TIME and turned it off for good?!?!? LOL
(edited 1st post with exact instructions)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please add in how much difference you see in battery life after a couple of days. Where Android Wear is today reminds me of the old days off Androids where any battery saving tip made at least a discernible difference, some immense.
Thanks

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Given that Fit's battery usage was in the teens of overall usage many days, I'm guessing it'll be discernible for sure.

Mine makes it 2 days easy, thought I've been charging it at night when it's just about 50% lately, so I didn't really pay much attention myself to how much it used before, but I'm expecting to see more % battery left at the end of a full day with it disabled.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given that Fit's battery usage was in the teens of overall usage many days, I'm guessing it'll be discernible for sure.

Mine makes it 2 days easy, thought I've been charging it at night when it's just about 50% lately, so I didn't really pay much attention myself to how much it used before, but I'm expecting to see more % battery left at the end of a full day with it disabled.
Just like days of old, Android Wear currently has limited capabilities with unlimited potential to go along with the smaller batteries (remember back when we got excited that a stock battery was 2k mah?) and not as efficient usage of the smaller batteries.
In a few years we'll be speaking fondly of the good old days when we needed to shut things off on our watches to make the battery last a whopping 3 days instead of 4 weeks lol. I'd love for Samsung to add s pen capabilities to their lineup. Tap the button on the side of the pen while hovering and a list of apps (including screen shot) pops up, tap the one you want to open.
But I digress

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
What Johnny said. In my screenie from the other thread, I ran the watch for 2 days (on Theater Mode over night) and it died about an hour before I went to bed. Fit used 11%. So if it HAD not used that 11%, it would have made bed time with juice to spare.
So I'm guessing it's the difference between ALMOST 2 full days and 2 full day for my usage. Probably be enough to get me through two days without Theater mode.

My days are pretty long, too....so there's that. Watch runs from around 7:30--8AM to 12:30-1:00 AM.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Is there anyway to completely remove it?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Mine was already off... Still uses some battery. Just so you know

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Boo