Beast Mode 4

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went and looked it up. Looks kinda metro to me. Just glad they didn't clone mine.
Fwiw, I uninstalled most of the apps I had because in not using them. I kept settings , the text app, and the flashlight. There's a different calculator app I'm gonna try, vertical orientation, at some point but I still prefer to do most math in my head. I'll probably try their unit converter at some point also.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I just wonder if Apple will allow the same kind of developer options when it comes to making faces...
And, of course, it's delayed again. Apple blowing it...

I don't know why I got this. To see if it really worked, I suppose. When I read the review of someone trying to get the number of a wall jack behind a desk and this worked... I tried it.

LookBehind for Android Wear - Android Apps on Google Play

It's not amazing video (could be my lousy phone), but it works pretty well.

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ef8c77f7b6cb83ed984677bfc3c45c2a.jpg

I used the exercise/walking feature for the first time today while out walking and taking photos of potential fishing spots I can reach by kayak along a trail I usually fish from the bank of.
Not sure why but the elevation was incorrect on both the Fit and the phone.
On the Fit itself the tally shows the time, mileage, calories burned, average heart rate and maximum heart rate. The screen shot is of it synced to S Health.
Yes those heart rates are about right. I walked a very quick pace but stopped often to get photos of the fishing holes.
Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
c2921c5146af704a6f33815246c10305.jpg

Forgot. Here's a map view of the round trip along the river with color legend for speed walked.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's really cool. Aside from allowing the note 4 to talk my daily steps & check my heart rate & o2 one in a while, I don't really use s health.

Didn't know it did all of that, even if it was wrong in places. Does the phone have all of that functionality, or does the fit help?

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's really cool. Aside from allowing the note 4 to talk my daily steps & check my heart rate & o2 one in a while, I don't really use s health.

Didn't know it did all of that, even if it was wrong in places. Does the phone have all of that functionality, or does the fit help?

The Fit helps by doing the things the phone is capable of without the phone being near me. It does the stuff independently then syncs to S Health when I open the app.
I got a free app the other day "where's my Fit" that vibrates and flashes the screen in multi colors to help find it if lost. The Fit itself has a neat feature "find my phone" that sets off an alert tone when I tap it, even when on silent. I was looking for a Bluetooth keychain that does that when I ended up switching to AT&T, getting the Note4 and the Fit a week later. Helluva keychain price huh? Never did find the keychain either, everyone was sold out.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've got a similar app to find my phone with my G watch. Even vibrates when it disconnects to alert me that I might be leaving it.

What an age we live in. My watch lets me know if I get too far from my phone & my phone let's me know if I get too far from my s pen.

Last edited by a moderator:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, I use that find my phone all the time. Bought the paid version which allows you to make the LED light, the screen go to max brightness. This alone is worth the price of the watch. If I had a dollar for every time I couldn't find my phone in the house it would have paid for my G Watch. :D

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea, I use that find my phone all the time. Bought the paid version which allows you to make the LED light, the screen go to max brightness. This alone is worth the price of the watch. If I had a dollar for every time I couldn't find my phone in the house it would have paid for my G Watch. :D
The find my phone was built in to the Fit. The find my Fit one was a freebie through the Galaxy Gear Fit app. The GGF app takes you to a section on the Play Store that's just Gear Fit apps.
And yes Jonny, it's an interesting age we live in. I would like to be able to disable (or silence) the Fit connect/disconnect tones on my phone though. When I'm at work I frequently walk in and out of the Bluetooth range and folks keep telling me I got text messages when I walk back to near my phone. It's the alert not texts I know because the watch alerts me when I get texts, syncs when I come back into range so I already know if I got any or not. As I said before the range is a LOT more than 30', closer to 30 yards if on the same level, about 100 yards when the phone is upstairs at work and I go downstairs.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

OP
mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That would get old. Glad the phone doesn't make any noise when the g watch connects/disconnects.
I understand why it's there but I'm the exception not the rule in my usage. I doubt it'd do it if it wasn't a Samsung watch, think it's tied into the Gear Manager app. Under applications the ability to uncheck notifications for that app is grayed out.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4