Remote Data Wipe?

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Has anybody found an app that will do a remote data wipe if the phone is ever lost or stolen? Im using AVG now, but the locate doesnt work, so I dont have much confidence that the remote data wipe would work if I ever needed it.

Thanks.

milimar

Reaction score
Great question. Wouldn't that be the way to go. To have personal control and not relying on mobile backup or locating apps. Just zapit!
milimar

mr_silent

Reaction score
Lookout Mobile Security is said to have that capability. I use it to keep backups of my apps, not sure if the remote wipe works as I've never needed it yet. It has a free version in the market if you want to check it out.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

N

Nickchapa

It works. Dont give your dbag brother the pass though. :-( dick move for sure

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Wavesecure. I had lookout for a while but it didn't work as they said it does. Wavesecure worked flawlessly.

PFM

Reaction score
Remote Wipe

The Touchdown Exchange app can do a remote wipe - and optionally include the SD card.

Skorched

Reaction score
+1 for seekdroid
Remote lock wipes both phone and SD card and GPS tracking. Its also light on resorces

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LSSI_Tim

Reaction score
Any thoughts as to why Seekdroid requires permission to access your Contact data on your device?

EDIT: Got a response from the developer:

---- start paste ----

Hello Tim,

The contact data permission is needed for returning the last 10 calls to and from the device. Here is a more detailed list of permissions for the app and what they are needed for.

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - Location
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - Location
DISABLE_KEYGUARD - Alarm
INTERNET - Internet is needed for android's push messages, which is how the seekdroid.com communicates to your phone
READ_CONTACTS - This is needed to retrieve the last 10 callers.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to wake up the phone for location and alarm.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - needed for wipe

If you have any more questions or concerns, let us know and we would be glad to help.

Thanks,

Amir Ghadiry
Seek Droid Developer

---- end paste ----

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The problem is that for all of the features to work properly, you need to have GPS and stuff enabled, which will drain the battery even faster than normal.

musicman

Reaction score
I always leave gps on and the only time it drains my battery is if I open an app that needs to use it. Once I quit the app the gps stops.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dtsig

Reaction score
The problem is that for all of the features to work properly, you need to have GPS and stuff enabled, which will drain the battery even faster than normal.
GPS doesn't drain the battery just because it is enabled. It requires something to be using it.

Besides the point .. I believe I read that LOOKOUT will turn on the GPS for location