Remote wipe?

ethant

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Pro a few days ago from a D1, and so far pretty happy except for some blur-related oddities.

One thing I am curious about is remote wipe. This is a requirement of my job, and I know the Pro is supposed to support it, but I don't see where to set that up. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think what you are looking for is an app called "look out" and it's available in the Market. I think it's free. I strongly recommend that if you use this you turn off the antivirus as that is a resource hog and there are no viruses to protect from.

ethant

Reaction score
Thanks. I am aware of Lookout, and I used Wavesecure on my old Droid. So, those are options but I thought the Pro was supposed to have native support for remote wipe, including the SD card?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

StingRay

Reaction score
Remote wipe was listed as one of the security improvements on the Droid Pro...

not sure if that is a feature that is only accessible by your administrator via server settings or if there is actually something that is visible on the phone....was advertised as available though by Verizon and Motorola...

ravenhawk

Reaction score
I think that ALL droids are supposed to have remote wipe (maybe part of the Scream app?), but what is supposed to make Pro unique is that it not only can wipe the phone, but also the memory card, which supposedly no other phone can currently do.