[Release][WIP Theme]*~*Rockin’ Rainbows*~* for Das Bamf 1.4

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Corina - very nice job. As you probably understand I won't be putting it on my TB for obvious reasons. Now, make a manly rockin' dark theme :)

I do have a question about themes though - I've found several themes that are in .apk and I just go to the "Skin" area and find them after I install the .apk.

Is there a difference between "skin" and "theme"? If it's the same, I like the idea of .apk - you know, as you get older like me, you like simplicity. Not saying you're older yet, because you're not, but you know the saying :)

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Corina - very nice job. As you probably understand I won't be putting it on my TB for obvious reasons. Now, make a manly rockin' dark theme :)

I do have a question about themes though - I've found several themes that are in .apk and I just go to the "Skin" area and find them after I install the .apk.

Is there a difference between "skin" and "theme"? If it's the same, I like the idea of .apk - you know, as you get older like me, you like simplicity. Not saying you're older yet, because you're not, but you know the saying :)

A skin doesn't include any status bar icons and can be installed by anyone, rooted or not. There are about 1,700 images in a skin and around 17,000 in a complete theme which, as you know, can only be flashed if you're rooted.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yay for Dawna! Its really not much now but the more I do, the happier you'll get :D well, hopefully lol

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

A skin doesn't include any status bar icons and can be installed by anyone, rooted or not. There are about 1,700 images in a skin and around 17,000 in a complete theme which, as you know, can only be flashed if you're rooted.
Dang.....thanks for the clarification and all the work you put into your theme.

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yur welkies Scott!

Dawna, what/why are you applying a skin. What background is it? There are 2 wallpapers in my OP......

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yur welkies Scott!

Dawna, what/why are you applying a skin. What background is it? There are 2 wallpapers in my OP......

Yesterday I told her we would apply your theme skin. But now you released your theme. Would she not gain any extra theme goodness by applying the skin as well?? Maybe that purplish sense dock for instance? So to be clear...The skin will give us nothing extra at this point???

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yur welkies Scott!

Yesterday I told her we would apply your theme skin. But now you released your theme. Would she not gain any extra theme goodness by applying the skin as well?? Maybe that purplish sense dock for instance? So to be clear...The skin will give us nothing extra at this point???

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Well I didnt put the right skin in my theme I don't think. I'll be uploading an update in the morning and I'll include that. The one that I had here in the forum....I deleted lol

OP
Corinacakes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Cakes I have a question........... to load the icon pack that you have would I put it on the sd card and use better cut or what. Really want to use them but am wondering how to apply them.

Yah bettercut works if you don't wanna use launcher pro. And yes, put them in your dcim folder. :D

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Beautiful theme Corina.

Love,

Danny

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh Gawd......I knew it. It was only a matter of time you were going to pinkafide this phone Corina. You just couldn't leave it as it was could you. Noooooooo she couldn't .I didn't even see this thread until now.

(HolyGrail runs...being chase by the puffy pink monsters, that Corina has unleashed into the world) :)

Last edited:

shadowpunx

Reaction score
I appreciate the work, and I know its not easy, not my cup of tea though, god job

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

dawna_2001

Reaction score
KEWL.jpg

Thanks Cakes!! I'm digging this! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator: