[Release][Theme] Golden Elegance for multiple ROMs.....

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Added sneaky_zekey's gold swype to the OP

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Well folks, after working with the backgrounds last night, I made the conscious decision to revert to black backgrounds. Even though the burgandy looked VERY nice IMO, the problem with 3rd party apps is that they both pull colors from framework and include their own for scrolling.

This is no bueno IMO. I choose functional over looks anyday. And I feel horrible when you guys have issues with ANYTHING.

I'm going to pick apart the browser today to see what the problem is. If I HAVE to, I'll just theme the icon and leave the rest stock. I'll play with it a little and see what I can come up with.

As far as the Handcent Stingray, I haven't used it on UD. You may want to install the stocker, clear cache, remove it, reboot and try installing mine. Other than that, I couldn't tell you how else to fix it.

If you still have problems, I'll flash over to UD later and try and figure it out.

Thanks for the support guys!

I'm not a user of Handcent, but my good friend StingRay asked me to try it and see if I ran into the same issues that he was experiencing. I downloaded the latest GE theme from Kook's OP about 6:30 PM tonight, along with the Handcent zip. Renamed the theme update.zip and installed it. I then immediately renamed the Handcent zip "update.zip" and installed it as an update. Rebooted, went to the icon and clicked on it. Opened the program up - no problem. Played around with the settings, and they all worked. About the time I closed the program and started typing a PM to SingRay, he called me on my other phone. I told him "Hey man, this thing works FINE", went to the program on my Droid and now it won't open at all! Numerous attempts - with Sting on the phone, and it won't open back up.

Now, I did not have an existing copy of Handcent already on my phone, prior to installing Kook's themed version, and I believe that Sting did. But, we both achieved the same results (failure), using different approaches.

Sorry Kook, this one didn't work out real well. :frown:

-Mike

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
did you like the gold swype better then the swypeD2_GE

I like this one alot....

Well folks, after working with the backgrounds last night, I made the conscious decision to revert to black backgrounds. Even though the burgandy looked VERY nice IMO, the problem with 3rd party apps is that they both pull colors from framework and include their own for scrolling.

This is no bueno IMO. I choose functional over looks anyday. And I feel horrible when you guys have issues with ANYTHING.

I'm going to pick apart the browser today to see what the problem is. If I HAVE to, I'll just theme the icon and leave the rest stock. I'll play with it a little and see what I can come up with.

As far as the Handcent Stingray, I haven't used it on UD. You may want to install the stocker, clear cache, remove it, reboot and try installing mine. Other than that, I couldn't tell you how else to fix it.

If you still have problems, I'll flash over to UD later and try and figure it out.

Thanks for the support guys!

I'm not a user of Handcent, but my good friend StingRay asked me to try it and see if I ran into the same issues that he was experiencing. I downloaded the latest GE theme from Kook's OP about 6:30 PM tonight, along with the Handcent zip. Renamed the theme update.zip and installed it. I then immediately renamed the Handcent zip "update.zip" and installed it as an update. Rebooted, went to the icon and clicked on it. Opened the program up - no problem. Played around with the settings, and they all worked. About the time I closed the program and started typing a PM to SingRay, he called me on my other phone. I told him "Hey man, this thing works FINE", went to the program on my Droid and now it won't open at all! Numerous attempts - with Sting on the phone, and it won't open back up.

Now, I did not have an existing copy of Handcent already on my phone, prior to installing Kook's themed version, and I believe that Sting did. But, we both achieved the same results (failure), using different approaches.

Sorry Kook, this one didn't work out real well. :frown:

-Mike

That's weird, cuz mine works fine....I'll check it out again....

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Updates are up and ready for download.

I changed the backgrounds back to black/white. Still looks good IMO, but definitely not as nice as the burgandy. But I choose functionality over looks.

I changed an image on the music app to the name of the theme. It's the gold album for unknown album art.

Tomorrow, I'm going to work on finishing up Dolphin Browser...looks good so far. Gonna fix up the colors so it looks real nice. Gawd, it's a nice looking browser.

Thanks all for the support.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh yeah.....browser is fixed too...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fred114

Reaction score
I am sure I am just being an idiot cause it's late here, but under what name on ROM manager are your themes?

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Roberj13

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok....so I changed the way you install Shazam, TeslaLED and Verizon VVM.

Just place them on your SD card and install them through Astro. This way even non-rooted users can install them as well (thanks to TheBowers for showing me this trick).

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
here is my personal adw.launcher theme(wip) big thanks goes to bgill55 for help. im not sure if ill update to the newest release in OP cause i like the burgandy backgrounds, they grew on lol

Last edited:

StingRay

Reaction score
Ok....so I changed the way you install Shazam, TeslaLED and Verizon VVM.

Just place them on your SD card and install them through Astro. This way even non-rooted users can install them as well (thanks to TheBowers for showing me this trick).

any chance you could do this for the themed Handcent app? I think that might solve the issue that I and UltraDroid have had with HC not working....

Updates are up and ready for download.

Just noticed that the updated UD 7.0 file is around 5,500kb and the previous was around 20,000kb....any reason for such a change in size?

Last edited:
OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
any chance you could do this for the themed Handcent app? I think that might solve the issue that I and UltraDroid have had with HC not working....

I'm going to re-theme it and make it install the same way....

Just noticed that the updated UD 7.0 file is around 5,500kb and the previous was around 20,000kb....any reason for such a change in size?

It shouldn't be....let me look at it.

Can we install this like we do a ROM or do we use the instructions Sneak has in his themed swype thread?

I'm just full of questions this morning! dancedroid

Install is per his instructions.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't know what happened with the UD7.0 link, but the file that was uploaded ended up being corrupt. The one I sent it from is perfectly fine. Uploading now....

Thanks for the head's up Stinger....

Jaycea22

Reaction score
What's going on Koo. I am unable to install the SS 4.7 either. I tried installing ClockworkMod recovery. It states "please remove any spaces from your file and folder path."

I removed the spaces from the name and still unable to apply.

Thanks