[Release][Theme] Golden Elegance for multiple ROMs.....

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I rooted with metiCkone frg22d and see superuser icon. Do i just follow these instructions...Sorry for the rookie question,I just don't wont to kill my droid...

1. Flash to SPRecovery
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Wipe Data/Cache
4. Forgot to rename update.zip
5. Removed MicroSD and plugged into computer
6. Renamed update.zip
7. Reboot into recovery
8. Forgot to move out of folder and place straight to SD card
9. Removed MicroSD and moved update.zip onto SD card
10. Installed update.zip via SPRecovery
11. Reboot
12. Allow all market apps to update.
13. Install GE theme
You don't HAVE to do it this way. I just did it to test some things. What ROM are you trying to flash?

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kook, my Droid X gets delivered by FedEx tomorrow. Hope you come up with a theme that I can install! dancedroid

-Mike
Golden Elegance will be on the X.

bearklaws007

Reaction score
I was trying to use your Golden Elegance UD 7.0.0 2.1.5.zip... I have never flashed... I did see the pics. of your golden elegance and wanted to try that...

StingRay

Reaction score
bear

I would recommend using Clockwork recovery, rather than SPRecovery...

Clockwork a little more user friendly and you don't have to rename your file to "UPDATE.ZIP" every time...

bearklaws007

Reaction score
Thanks stingray...I have sprecovery down now after a day of screwing up, learning how to flash frg22d....
I didn't know if i need to load UD7.0 first or can i just load (GoldenElegance UD 7.0.0 2.1.5.zip)...I really like the looks of it...

Last edited:

StingRay

Reaction score
Thanks stingray...I have sprecovery down now after a day of screwing up, learning how to flash frg22d....
I didn't now if i need to load UD7.0 first or can i just load (GoldenElegance UD 7.0.0 2.1.5.zip)...I really like the looks of it...

SPR is fine...if you've got it down, stick with it...

You'll need to load UD 7.0 (ROM) first, then follow with the Golden Elegance theme from kook.....

bearklaws007

Reaction score
Thank You StingRay... I feel like i am getting some where...It is alot to learn in a couple days...

StingRay

Reaction score
There are a lot of good people on this forum that will help you....we were all in the same boat at one time....

I'm by no means an expert at this, as you can tell by my previous posts asking for help with the Dolphin app....:)

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was trying to use your Golden Elegance UD 7.0.0 2.1.5.zip... I have never flashed... I did see the pics. of your golden elegance and wanted to try that...

Remember, Golden Elegance is not a ROM, it's a theme you place on top of an already installed ROM.

In order to use this theme, you have to have UD 7.0 already installed on your phone. Then install this theme over it. Hope this helps.

bearklaws007

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply... I just got ud7.0.... I will load in the morning...

Just want to thank you for your work.. cant wait for morning.. thanks again...

tical364

Reaction score
GREAT theme. i've flashed dozens and dozens of themes trying to find the right one and this one is incredible. GREAT job!

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply... I just got ud7.0.... I will load in the morning...

Just want to thank you for your work.. cant wait for morning.. thanks again...

GREAT theme. i've flashed dozens and dozens of themes trying to find the right one and this one is incredible. GREAT job!

Thanks guys....makes the work I put into it worth it with comments like this.

As always....let me know if you have problems, suggestions or questions.

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Themed Facebook and Twitter to install into data/app.

This will allow you to receive updates and frees up space in system/app.

Will have it uploaded tomorrow night. I need to get some sleep. Been a long night.

tical364

Reaction score
have you tried to theme handcent sms before? it would be awesome if you could make it match like the other apps. i tried to customize it in the stock settings to get it to match but its just not same. either way, you still have made the best theme out there!

OP
kook

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
have you tried to theme handcent sms before? it would be awesome if you could make it match like the other apps. i tried to customize it in the stock settings to get it to match but its just not same. either way, you still have made the best theme out there!
Is that the same one that's in the original post? I themed a Handcent and put the color setting with it. Don't know if there's another that exists.