[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.6 - Ice Cream Sandwich - 6-8-2012

laughingloud

Reaction score
This is a great rom and I love all the features but I have a couple questions. Every time I open USB Mass Storage and as soon as I turn on USB storage my phone crashes and reboots. Everything else works fine and I have re-installed the rom several times wiping the cache and doing a factory reset. I was just wondering if this was a known bug and if there might be a solution?

Also is turning on USB mass storage the equivalent of PC mode?
Trying to get the radio hack working.

Thanks

trini.s2k

Reaction score
This is a great rom and I love all the features but I have a couple questions. Every time I open USB Mass Storage and as soon as I turn on USB storage my phone crashes and reboots. Everything else works fine and I have re-installed the rom several times wiping the cache and doing a factory reset. I was just wondering if this was a known bug and if there might be a solution?

Also is turning on USB mass storage the equivalent of PC mode?
Trying to get the radio hack working.

Thanks

curious question is ur camera working

boazal

Reaction score
after clean install

System settings => Wireless & Networks => (pressing on) mobile networks (getting)

Unfortunately. the process com.android.phone has stopped

:mad:

Last edited:
OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
boazal said:
after clean install

System settings => Wireless & Networks => (pressing on) mobile networks (getting)

Unfortunately. the process com.android.phone has stopped

:mad:

Will look into it...

nka

Reaction score
date and time missing from status bar after clean install

Any ideas?

nka

Reaction score
Wireless tether works in AOKP why not Steel Droid

Wireless tethering comes standard in the latest AOKP, so why does this not work without the "hack" described in the first post, in Steel Droid?

GoHogZ

Reaction score
I'm running the 5.3, and my keyboard and touch screen keys won't light up.. is there a fix for this already? BTW, awesome job on the rom! update!.... I figured out about the lighting... but, sometimes when I use physical keyboard, none of the keys will work... anybody else have this issue?
S

Last edited:

bgarlock

Reaction score
On SD53, each time I start Amazon MP3 player, the phone 'warm boots'. I have wiped cache, dalvik, formatted the system partition, re-flashed, etc.. and it does it each time. I even wiped anything to do with Amazon MP3 from the sdcard. I saw another thread where another AOKP based ROM was doing the same thing - warm boot as soon as you launch Amazon MP3 player. I've got logcats if those are helpful. Anyone have an idea as to why it would do this, or is anyone else seeing this? The logcat seems to indicate some sort of bluetooth a2dp initialization, and then it dies. I can post the logcat, but didn't want to post it if this is some kind of known issue or not.

Thanks,

Bruce

Last edited:

iSpencerPro

Reaction score
So I'm still running 5.2 just because there isn't any major updates that will benefit me. But I unplugged my phone at 7 10am by 8 30am my battery went from 100 to 80 %. I have internet enabled, I used voxer a little and then music for 30 min. Any ideas? I have wiped dalvik cache and battery stats before. But still open to any ideas. While typing this I've already used another 5 %...

bronco221

Reaction score
Running 5.3...

No incoming/outgoing audio when calling or receiving a call....

Johnnyb

Reaction score
Running 5.3...

No incoming/outgoing audio when calling or receiving a call....

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm finding that a reboot will bring the audio back, but it's taking a reboot...almost every hour to be able to take or place calls. I don't think I had this problem when I first installed the ROM. I noticed immediately following bluetooth sync. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it yet though. I'm going to test more and see if I can narrow down what's triggering the loss of audio.

I can post my findings here...is the best place to do that?

tman_c45

Reaction score
what differences are there between this ROM and an AOKP nightly? It seems like this rom is based on the AOKP.