[ROM] [RELEASE] Steel Droid: 5.0 Gingerbread - 1-11-2013

CRW

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm looking to improve my droid 3s performance and a friend told me about steel droid
but really new to this stuff not sure what I'm and was wondering if this ROM works on my
Droid 3
system 5.7.906.XT862
Android v2.3.4
kernel v2.6.35.7-g5fa4155xrpk47@il93Inxdroid25 #1
If anyone has any information that would be awesome!
I did try reading through some of the forums but theres like 150 pages lol

Thanks everyone!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Last edited:

uzairsyedahmed

Reaction score
Droid. 5.7.906 Stock ROM

if installing Steel Droid v5.0 Gingerbread, do I still need to flash back to 5.6.890 SBF as the instruction says? or can I skip that and go directly to "ROOT STOCK ROM". I have the Droid. 5.7.906 Stock ROM on Droid 3

ALso, are there any issues with Steel Droid v5.0 Gingerbread which would affect the functionality I have now? would some applications/features like google navigation, office (which came free with stock) not work? Does v5.0 have bugs?

Thanks

Last edited:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
if you are on 906 you can not flash back to 890 (not fully anyways), and 5.0 is based on 906.
I don't think 5.0 is overclocked.

tc0566

Reaction score
OK I was able to install roms without a problem with the old bootstrap but i can not get a thing to install with the new I select the zip then do reboot and all it does is rebooy into stock please help

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
possible causes
didn't remove old bootstrap correctly, i would flash sbf and start over

you are trying to flash over stock rom, safestrap doesn't support that in the d3 version yet, you need to create a rom slot and install rom in that slot

rom you are trying to flash is not safestrap compatible, try a different rom like steel droid (this thread)

gsxr1300

Reaction score
I just upgraded safestrap 1.08 to 3.05
Is there any way to reload the backed up safe system to one of the slots?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I just upgraded safestrap 1.08 to 3.05
Is there any way to reload the backed up safe system to one of the slots?

No. Backups from older Safestraps are not compatible with the new SS.

Tamehome

Reaction score
Rebooting in Recovery Mode

Hi, after installing the SD GB 5.0 ROM, has anyone experienced rebooting into Recovery Mode whenever you bootup / reboot? I'm using the ClockwordMod Recovery, not using SafeStrap. I formatted my system, data, and cache partitions, and then applied the ROM. Now, whenever I reboot, I boot up into CWM Recovery, and have to "reboot system now" to boot into Android. I had SD GB 4.8 before this and didn't have this issue. Has anyone else dealt with this issue? I wasn't using SS since that made it too easy to boot into recovery during startup. Thanks.

Tamehome

Reaction score
Hi, regarding the Rebooting into Recovery, I think my issue is that When I use the Droid 3 Bootstrapper to Bootstrap Recovery, the Recovery Bootstrap is enabled permanently, as opposed to just for the one reboot. With the prior version of Steel Droid, I would "Bootstrap Recovery", and then "Reboot Recovery". After booting into Recovery, doing my work in Recovery, and then rebooting, I would boot back normally into Android, and could not boot back into Recovery until the next time I "Bootstrap Recovery". Now, when I "Bootstrap Recovery", it is stuck enabled, so every normal reboot will boot directly into Recovery. Is that due to some change made in SD 5.0? How can I bootstrap into recovery just one time? Is anyone else using the original Droid 3 Bootstrapper, or has everyone migrated to SS? Thanks.

KwiHa

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone use this ROM in EU/GB on GSM network? How is it running and what about the battery life?

Thnks,