[Release] 3-16 Succulent Desire v-1.0 - ESE53

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Succulent Desire v-1.0
***I am not responsible for any damage that you do to your phone, now or ever, you install everything on your own, i don’t do it for you.***

Firmware Version – Android 2.1 ESE53 base

Kernal – Adam-Z ESE53 Build

bootanimation – Cyborg Hi Res

ROM Base - ESE53

Apps – [That I added/Main Features]
2.1 - All of the stock 2.1 apps
2.0.1 - Alarm Clock
Dev Tools
Smoked Glass Facebook [credit to Adam-Z]
Maps is included [most of the newer ROMS don't include this]
G1 IM app
WiFi Tether
Yellow Pages Mobile
Motoroi Video Player [10 times better then the stock one]

Widgets
Launcher Dock [Requested by Mojo]
Slide Show widget
Milestone World Clock
Motoroi World Clock

Droid Themed 2.0.1 Laucher -- turns red on press [credit to Matt3w]
Helix Laucher allows up to 7 screens -- when using the helix launcer hit the menu button then configure to pick the number of screens you want.

Theme - Combnations
SmokedGlass [Credit to Adam-Z]
Droid Hex
Elegant Drod
NEW Emotions
New 3G, Downloading, airplane mode, GPS icons.!!

Installation Instructions
1. Download the Nandroid Backup below
2. Unzip what you just downloaded
3. Place the folder into your nandroid folder on your SDCARD
4. Reboot into SPRecovery
5. Make an advanced nandroid backup, and back up all the options
6. Go back to main screen of SPRecovery
7. Wipe data/cache ONLY IF USING 2.0.1 NOW, YOU MAY KEEP YOUR DATA IF YOUR USING A ESE53 ROM CURRENTLY..!
8. Wipe cache partition
9. do an advanced nandroid restore and select restore "Succulent Desire v-1.0"
10. Select restore options for boot and system
11. Reboot phone
12. Check out the ROM and give me some feedback..

**REMEMBER PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE SWITCHING ROMS**
**ALSO YOU MAY KEEP DATA IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY USING ESE53, BUT WIPING IS RECOMMENDED FOR BEST FUNCTIONALITY AND PERFORMACE..**

***I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS OR ANYTHING ELSE DURING THIS PROCESS, YOU DO ALL OF THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK..***

HAVE FUN AND LET ME KNOW OF ANY BUGS YOU MAY FIND, OR REQUESTS YOU MAY HAVE.. ENJOY..

WOODYMAN

IF YOUR USING A ESE53 BASED ROM NOW YOU DON'T NEED TO WIPE DATA/CACHE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DOWNLOAD LINK

Click HERE.!!

READ THIS..--> I'm so sorry guys, ok so after i made the nandroid backup i changed the name.. it will still work you just need to rename the file so there are no spaces in the folder name..

ex

Succulent Desire v-1.5 CHANGE TO SD1.5

you can change the name to whatever you want, but if you add to many letters then you will get another error code and need to change the name again..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a link to over 42 kernals, which can all be used with this ROM.. credit to Adam-Z

http://alldroid.org/roms/motorola/droid/adamz/glass_boots/Smoked.Glass.Boot.ESE53.rom.tgz

I may not overclock for some of you, so I thought it would be nice to tell you all where to get some good kernals.. :)

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
First boot will take a little longer because system is Deodexed... after the boot animation spells at droid at the end your screen will be black for some time, this is ok, its because the bootanimation isn't set to repeat, so your screen will just stay black while your phone sets up the system.. every other boot will only take as long as it took the bootanimation to play.. so it boots up pretty quick..​

pthance

Reaction score
I liked "The Goods v1.5" as a 2.0.1 ROM, it showed promise. I'm going to test this one out tonight since its an ESE53 base ROM and your first of this type :D.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Posted 3 screen shots the zip file has about 13 or so images of the ROM, so please check it out..!!

je2345

Reaction score
quick question...whats up with the screen looking like it cut off the add widget pop up?!

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
quick question...whats up with the screen looking like it cut off the add widget pop up?!

LOL, not sure, all screens look fine though thats not on any of them don't worry, something with drocap or transfering the pictures..

check out all the screenshots in the .zip file.. :)

metalmenance

Reaction score
Only thing for me is how the battery life gonna be? any idea if its better.
downloaded and gonna give it a try, just wondering cause bat life is the only reason i keep going back to stock rooted rom.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Only thing for me is how the battery life gonna be? any idea if its better.
downloaded and gonna give it a try, just wondering cause bat life is the only reason i keep going back to stock rooted rom.

As of now i can't give you that good of an answer, i've spent most of the day building this ROM and tweaking it around and have rebooted and restored and backed up many many times, along with plently of internet use, so most of the day while not in class or on the phone or something its been plugged in.. my battery did drop from 70% - 50% for the 2 hours i ran with it today, but i had music playing, and used GPS to track speed a little..

[Im pretty sure you've all heard by now, but just in case you didn't VZW is releasing android 2.1 ESE53 build on March 18th, just a heads up for anyone that didn't know)

im telling you because this ROM is ESE53 based, and the update from VZW is also ESE53 based, so my guess would be that normal everyday battery use should be fairly good..

Last edited:
OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
tried loading and got an error 21 something...... i put the correct folder on my card as normal
any idea?

o wow, im sorry, ok so after i made the nandroid backup i changed the name.. it will still work you just need to rename the file so there are no spaces in the folder name..

ex

Succulent Desire v-1.5 CHANGE TO SD1.5

you can change the name to whatever you want, but if you add to many letters then you will get another error code and need to change the name again..

SORRY GUYS, EDITING POST..