refurbished droid 3

skelandrea

Reaction score
I just got my refurbished droid 3 today, I've only been a droid user for about 8 months... still not used to it. Anyway, the refurbished phone is different... like it doesn't have Google Play yet, and the system seems a little old... I checked for updates and it says its up to date, so... I'm confused? Anyone know why its like this?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Just open the Google Market app and it should update automatically to Google Play. As far as the system seeming old, you would have to be a little more specific and maybe give other examples. Then the guys that are familiar with the D3 can help out.

OP
S

skelandrea

Reaction score
I tried that, and it didn't change. I also checked for updates on the phone and it says its up to date. If I could take screen shots, I could show you how different it is from even the original... I'm sure from the first droid the operating system changes as new droids come out, I've never used any other version of android, but is it possible for it to just be using an older OS? I guess, I don't know how to explain it... but google play, isn't even an option.

OP
S

skelandrea

Reaction score
Android-Market-Sony-Ericsson-Channel-490x418.jpg

This is pretty much how it looks when I open the market...instead of goggle play

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to settings> apps> all. Scroll to market and click it. Then click uninstall updates. Reopen it after a few minutes and see if it updates. If that still doesn't work, go to settings> about phone and post your Android version here. Though that really shouldn't be any different than 2.3.X if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
S

skelandrea

Reaction score
Its 2.3.4, going to market and uninstalling updates isn't an option that I have.