My X2 doesn't save pictures or text messages

georgepetro

Reaction score
I noticed last Saturday that my X2 stopped saving photos and text messages. I called Verizon today and they told me they will send me a new refurbished phone. Does anyone know how to fix this. I've only had this phone for a little over a month and don't want a refurbished phone. I still love my droid, but this sucks. Please help

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll need a lot more info.

Are you rooted?
Did you change anything before this started happening?
Give a many details as you can and tell me exactly what's happening.

Sent from my Android device.

OP
G

georgepetro

Reaction score
More info

/\
I noticed last Saturday that my X2 stopped saving photos and text messages. I called s
|
erizon today and they told me they will send me a new refurbished phone. Does anyone know how to fix this. I've only had this phone for a little over a month and don't want a refurbished phone. I still love my droid, but this sucks. Please help

Juhde, thanks for your help.

My phone isn't rooted. I did take the battery out to see where the stock memory card is located because I've been thinking about replacing it with a larger one. I don't think I even took the card out. I might have changed something in the settings, but I don't think I did. I pretty much just looked inside.

With the text messages, I do receive a notification that I received a new text. When I go to read it in the message tab, there is nothing there.
I also noted that pictures do save to my gallery, but not in the camera app.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Change the settings in the camera app to save to external storage.

Have you installed any 3rd party texting apps? Are you sure you're not going to "messages" instead of "text messages"?

OP
G

georgepetro

Reaction score
Did that with no luck. Today the clock reads 4 hours fast.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have auto update time in date/time settings turned on? If the clock doesn't match the network click that can mess stuff up.

srvctec

Reaction score
Another option if you haven't tried it. Try a system cache clear.

From the Motorola forums, how to clear the cache on X2: 1. 1. Power the phone down. 2. Press and hold the down volume button and power button until you see the Motorola emblem and the word "Fastboot" at the top of the screen. 3. Press the volume down button until you get to Android Recovery. 4. Push the volume up key and you should see a triangle with an exclamation point. 5. Push the volume up and down button at the same time. You should now be at the Android system recovery screen. 6. Use the volume down key to scroll down to wipe cache partition. Push the power button to select. 7. Push the power button once more when it is done with the wipe cache partition. That should be reboot system now. Wiping the cache won't wipe any user data. You won't lose any apps or anything else. This is just a cache for the OS.

Of course the last resort would be a factory reset unless you've already tried that.

Sent from my stock DROID X2 using Tapatalk.

OP
G

georgepetro

Reaction score
Pictures don't save anywhere any more. Refurbished phone comes Friday. Guess I'll use it if I have to. I know I'm not holding it wrong, but I'm up for other suggestions. -George

OP
G

georgepetro

Reaction score
Auto update time!

I turned on auto update time and it fixed everything!! Was this jus a fluke? or is my phone just messed up. It works great now! Thanks Jhude

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I turned on auto update time and it fixed everything!! Was this jus a fluke? or is my phone just messed up. It works great now! Thanks Jhude

Glad to hear it. I doubt it was a fluke. Like I said, having the system time not match the time the towers have screws up a lot of stuff.