Picture issue in text messages

mypalOtis

Reaction score
In my text history/menu from one of my contacts, all the pictures they have sent me now show up as the same pic. When i click on them to open them the correct picture shows up. My 1st x2 was doing this as well. Is there a way to fix this?

srvctec

Reaction score
Maybe try menu/manage apps/"all" tab/text messaging and clear data? No idea if this works or what it will do, so try at your own risk. I just know if the keyboard acts up, this very same option fixes the issues. You might also clear the cache while in there, if it's above 0.0kb.

Edit: I just cleared data and all it does is set all of the settings within the text messaging app back to default- it doesn't delete any messages- might be worth a try, though.

Sent from my stock DROID X2

Shooter308

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my DX2, and I just cleared the data on the text messaging app. Didn't fix the issue of displaying the same picture in multiple texts when the picture is actually of something else.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Maybe try menu/manage apps/"all" tab/text messaging and clear data? No idea if this works or what it will do, so try at your own risk. I just know if the keyboard acts up, this very same option fixes the issues. You might also clear the cache while in there, if it's above 0.0kb.

Edit: I just cleared data and all it does is set all of the settings within the text messaging app back to default- it doesn't delete any messages- might be worth a try, though.

Sent from my stock DROID X2

The keyboard issue was actually fixed in the recent 2.3.4 update.

As for the picture issue, what about clearing then cache on your gallery? Since that's where most apps pull your pictures from anyway...