Text messages sent/received different than typed

tarepanda

Reaction score
Have any of you ever come into a problem like this, on your X2 or on any other device? My Mother In-Law and I both still have X2's and sometimes our sent texts are different than what shows on our phone.

For example-
Sent text: I'll bring it over and maybe we could go then.
Received text: I'll bring it over and maybe we coten it, I can do that. It will need to be cleaned too.

It's almost like while it's sending the message it's pre-autocorrect and using suggested text. For the longest time I thought she was just bad at typing, but after talking about it and seeing that our phones show two different messages, we're baffled.

Can it be fixed? There's no telling what other people must think of me, if they're getting bizarre texts.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Its not funny but your last line made me laugh a little. :)

Are you two on the same carrier? Are either of you rooted? It may be extreme but have you tried a factory reset or wiping data for the messaging app?

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
tarepanda

tarepanda

Reaction score
Its not funny but your last line made me laugh a little. :)

Are you two on the same carrier? Are either of you rooted? It may be extreme but have you tried a factory reset or wiping data for the messaging app?

Sent from my Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

We're both on Verizon and I'm rooted, she's not. I'm always clearing data, but she's probably got messages on there from 1000 years ago. (she's that old. :p) We haven't tried a factory reset. This is just another weird problem that goes on a long list of other issues we've had with these phones. I feel bad, I'm the one who talked her into getting one to begin with.

How are you liking the Razr HD?

sierra117

Reaction score
I had that problem but it was actually a cross over in phone numbers. People would text me and it would go to somebody else's phone and I would never get the text, and yes, they had the right#

Sent from GS3 Synergy

meskes

Reaction score
I had that problem but it was actually a cross over in phone numbers. People would text me and it would go to somebody else's phone and I would never get the text, and yes, they had the right#

Sent from GS3 Synergy

Your issue sounds like it was an LNP issue, in the switch. If the min and mdn are messed up, some how, that can happen.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy SIII, via Tapatalk.