Text Message "Sent" and "Received" Times

ammon214

Reaction score
I'm coming from the LG Dare, and whenever I got a text message, it would say when that text message was sent by the sender and when it was received by myself. for example, now with my droid.. I turned my phone off for two hours until from 6-8:02. when I turn it on, I got a text message, and it said "text received" at 8:02, but I have no idea what time the sender sent it. Is there anyway to get both times (sent and delivered)?

wieneroscar

Reaction score
I have searched all of google and the droid market, and this is the only thing I have found and it has no reply =( I had a razor and it would have a check mark when it was received. I liked that because I could tell when my friends had no service or if someones phone was off or what time they tried to get ahold of me. They need to make an app.

babybuncher

Reaction score
BUMP!!! anyone figure anything more about this? its driving me crazy and the one thing i hate about the droid!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can look in the settings.

I'm not sure about the stock app, but I know that Handcent/ChompSMS can get a received notification and a send receipt.

Droids

Reaction score
Received texts will have the date/time your phone received them. If the phone is off or in airplane mode, the timestamp will be when the phone was turned back on and the text received. I'm not crazy about it either but that's the way it functions.

For sent texts, you can enable confirmations in the settings, as guidot mentioned.

daredevil1

Reaction score
Yeah it sucks, Droid is supposed to have all these features but I have to DL an app for everything to make it do what my Voyager did. It's rare that my phone is off but when it is I'd like to be able to see when a message was sent like I can still currently do with the Voyager.