"new" droid/apps gone-ish

speedyroo

Reaction score
My original Droid went swimming...and I got a brand new one from insurance. That one was great until the touch-screen went - I couldn't unlock it (even after reading the suggestions on here about using the magnet - I unlocked it but the touch-aspect was completely DEAD). I went to VZW and they gave me a refurbished "like new" phone. Sigh. It seemed alright. Everything transferred over - my display, all my apps, everything. However when I made or received calls, it would freeze and I would have to remove the battery to unfreeze it. What a pain! Anyway VZW has since given me another "like new" refurbished phone. The tech that transferred things though did a deplorable job. He imported a gazillion contacts where I didn't even know they came from or what half of them even were. Then only the basic apps were there, none of my other apps. I asked him about the Droid Bionic and he said "the what??" :::smack forehead:: Anyway I installed one app - the Lookout Mobile and it did a scan and it said "scanned 78 apps" - but its definitely not showing 78 apps. I went into the manage apps and I couldn't find any of my old apps. I k now there were some on the SD card and they're not coming up there....but lookout says there were 78...so I am confused. Is there anyway to recover my old apps or do I have to download them all again?

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Was the sd card moved? The data exported?
Hit the market and old apps should reinstall.

OP
S

speedyroo

Reaction score
Was the sd card moved? The data exported?
Hit the market and old apps should reinstall.

The SD card was switched from phone to phone. My pictures are still on the SD card.....so I don't know why nothing else is still on there. I tried taking it in and out again, no dice. I did open up the market and it didn't help. I went to "my apps" and it had the purchased apps that I had purchased but not the free apps.

brando56894

Reaction score
AFAIK apps that you stored on your sdcard get erased when you change roms/phones. As for verizon techs a lot of them have no idea about what theyre selling. the reps in The store I bought my droid's dock in (which was an official verizon store) were amazed when I told them I rooted my phone and had no idea about it.

As for the 78 apps lookout found they were most likely system apps that it found.

OP
S

speedyroo

Reaction score
AFAIK apps that you stored on your sdcard get erased when you change roms/phones. As for verizon techs a lot of them have no idea about what theyre selling. the reps in The store I bought my droid's dock in (which was an official verizon store) were amazed when I told them I rooted my phone and had no idea about it.

As for the 78 apps lookout found they were most likely system apps that it found.

Yeah the techs definitely didn't know. I mean the one that helped me last week either had a clue or at least pretended to have a clue. But this one just seemed glazed over.

Anyway - when I got things transferred over to the refurbished phone the first time, EVERYTHING transferred over perfectly fine. All apps, my background image - everything. I was really surprised. It was like I had my old phone but it wasn't. Oh well. I've already started downloading apps that I could remember as I can't figure out how to restore anything.