just got replacement motorola droid....

sre123

Reaction score
OK, I just need to vent a little bit. Went to VZ store the other day. My phone has stopped auto-pulling emails and not notifying me about new emails. They sent me a factory-serviced "like new" droid. Spent a lot of time looking into how I could backup my info, such as my apps, and transfer it. Found Astro and it did help, but I probably spent about 4 hrs total doing this! So, they don't send you a new battery or SD card so you are constantly flipping the battery back and forth to see what your apps are and what needs to be transferred. So, after much time and aggravation, I did it. I made the call to activate it and the screen goes black as it normally does during a call, but now it doesn't come back on!!! Even when pressing the power key. The only thing that seems to work is to slide open the keyboard. I looked on Droid Forums and saw others had this problem with their refurbished phones. Why doesn't VZ check this???? What a waste of time. Went to the store--they never saw this before. Now they are sending me yet another one. You better believe that that will be the first thing i check before the transfer of my files again!!! GRRRR.............
I really did love my Droid before all this happened!!! I swear!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it makes you feel any better or not but brand new Droids do that too sometimes.

Anyway look at how much fun you had playing with the two Droids. :D

Here's my suggestion. You know all those apps you were worried about? I'll bet you don't use but a few of them on a daily basis. When you get your new phone just download your paid apps, and then get the others on an "as needed" basis.

It's not like their going anywhere.

OP
S

sre123

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The more I read about it, the more I think Gmail does! Some people are saying on forums that GMail keeps a record of your apps from the Market and they will download when you sign into your GMail account. I need to try that out when I get my next "new" one in a few days. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

rkeller62

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The more I read about it, the more I think Gmail does! Some people are saying on forums that GMail keeps a record of your apps from the Market and they will download when you sign into your GMail account. I need to try that out when I get my next "new" one in a few days. Keep your fingers crossed!!!

I think you need to go to Menu->Settings->Privacy and check "Back up Settings" for this to work. If you have that checked it should reinstall all your apps, but not any data for them.