Redesigned Motorola Droid Bionic looks confirmed in Best Buy leak!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think everyone's been saying it's too thin for LTE...at least the way the unlocked version looks now. The reason the Charge, Thunderbolt, and Revolution are so thick is because of both the CDMA and LTE radios inside.

Funny how 'you' can go off topic though huh??... why don't you stay on topic about the Bionic.....:dry:

Snow02

Reaction score
Don't worry, there's going to be no mistaking it for a D1. But yeah, motorola is definitely going for a unified look. It's called branding.

Droidram56

Reaction score
What does everyone think about the bionic compared to sg 2?
The Bionic will be dual core and LTE. It is not clear whether the Gs2 will be LTE.

I think everyone's been saying it's too thin for LTE...at least the way the unlocked version looks now. The reason the Charge, Thunderbolt, and Revolution are so thick is because of both the CDMA and LTE radios inside.
I am also waiting on the Bionic and hoping that its specs and performance will compare favorably with the TB, Charge, and Gs2. I'm also curious if the upgraded Moto UI will be improved. However, if the Bionic turns out to be a dud, I'll go with one of the other three or wait yet another month and see how the (gasp) iPhone 5 compares. However, I'm predicting that we will be pleased with the Bionic. Motorola has too much at stake for it to be a bust.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Funny how 'you' can go off topic though huh??... why don't you stay on topic about the Bionic.....:dry:
To everyone else.... I was just tryin to make a point to arkbird.... I'm fine with whereever this thread's discussion goes, just for the record...

And I for one am soooo pumped to 'finally'!! see the Bionic being released!!:p

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

To everyone else.... I was just tryin to make a point to arkbird.... I'm fine with whereever this thread's discussion goes, just for the record...

No, you are just mad because I called you out last night and I was right. And yes, I was going off topic and I ADMIT that, because someone asked a question about the GSII having LTE (since a lot of people are only getting the Bionic because the GSII won't have LTE). So please, let's not fight about this.

As for the look, I like it. I love the Moto branding and I think it's definitely distinct enough from the D1. If anything, Moto is paying tribute to the D1's success.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

No, you are just mad because I called you out last night and I was right. And yes, I was going off topic and I ADMIT that, because someone asked a question about the GSII having LTE (since a lot of people are only getting the Bionic because the GSII won't have LTE). So please, let's not fight about this.

As for the look, I like it. I love the Moto branding and I think it's definitely distinct enough from the D1. If anything, Moto is paying tribute to the D1's success.
You're the only one that's fighting, I'm just pointing out that you were completely off topic talking about other phones when you yourself took issue with me for discussing the 'BIONIC's bootloader in another Bionic thread..... discussions of all kind are healthy for the forum....so what if you talk about whether or not the SG2 is LTE or not.... you follow?? ;)

I'm just glad that the Bionic 'will' be. :)

EDIT-off topic: and BTW I was never mad, just completely disappointed

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can I get a facepalm??
4 pages and 2 of them about the bootloader....again. Come on guys.

Didn't even make it past the first page before someone mentions the bootloader. Its like there's a bad case of tunnel vision with a little broken record thrown in for good measure.
sent from somewhere...

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dude just stop it's over. You're only doing this because I called you out before and even a mod told you that you were off topic.

I wasn't completely off topic when I answered that question. You just decided to cut out what I quoted which was a question comparing the two (which you deleted when you quoted me saying I was off topic) so I didn't start of being off topic, I just answered a question and that's when you decided to troll my post. End of discussion so please stop trolling my post and leave me alone.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Motorola has too much at stake for it to be a bust.

More importantly, Verizon has a ton riding on this phone. It's the only flagship device coming to the carrier anytime soon. Moto has plenty of phones on other networks, but Verizon customers have been waiting patiently as the SGSII, Sensation & Evo3D made their ways to competitors.

There is a ton riding on this phone, and I doubt Verizon will allow it to release in subpar fashion, especially after all of the delays.

Brandon

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Motorola has too much at stake for it to be a bust.

More importantly, Verizon has a ton riding on this phone. It's the only flagship device coming to the carrier anytime soon. Moto has plenty of phones on other networks, but Verizon customers have been waiting patiently as the SGSII, Sensation & Evo3D made their ways to competitors.

There is a ton riding on this phone, and I doubt Verizon will allow it to release in subpar fashion, especially after all of the delays.

Brandon
I agree that VZW, as well as Moto, has a lot riding on the Bionic... and is most likely why they delayed it's released til now...
I personally like the solid feel that I am hoping the Bionic will come with...the Samsungs' screens are beautiful but they just feel cheap in my hands.
and btw, the Galaxy S 4g is pretty thin as well but it is as it's namesake...'4'g

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Dude just stop it's over. You're only doing this because I called you out before and even a mod told you that you were off topic.

I wasn't completely off topic when I answered that question. You just decided to cut out what I quoted which was a question comparing the two (which you deleted when you quoted me saying I was off topic) so I didn't start of being off topic, I just answered a question and that's when you decided to troll my post. End of discussion so please stop trolling my post and leave me alone.

*grabs popcorn* :icon_ banana:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

*grabs popcorn* :icon_ banana:

hahahahaha... wise guy eh??...:p
glad you're being entertained ;)...now get back on topic about the Bionic please...:icon_eek::)

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Ok back on topic...
Anyone have a clue on how much RAM it'll have?
512 is enough, (for me) but I was hoping for the 1GB range.