Recommended: Extended Battery

fred114

Reaction score
Aside from the case issue, are you guys seeing significant battery life improvement with the extended battery. Wife and I just got ours Monday and I am really surprised at just how short the battery life is with the stock one. I did a factory reset(trying to solve the wifi issue) on my phone last night. So far today, seems battery is lasting a bit longer.(wifi still won't connect though). I consider us somewhat light users, certainly not power users. My wife plays some simple games and has many alarms set. I just normally check emails and tweets, battery was only lasting about 5 hours until I was in the red.

Did you turn off the Global Roaming and set it to CDMA only?? The phone comes with GSM turned on (Verizon shouldn't do this) and that uses up the battery searching for a signal it will never find.

Yes, one of the first things I did was turn off Global roaming. I did do a factory reset to try to work on my wifi issues and battery life seems to be better. I have let it drain until it turn off, then charged it back up. Will see how this works. Does everyone's D3 seem to take forever to charge, at least compared to the D1. Seems on the old phone, from like 5 or 10% to full only took an hour or less. The D3 seems to take several hours to completely charge.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
The D3 seems to take several hours to completely charge.

Are you using a long USB cable? Don't.
Are you charing using computer instead of wall outlet? Don't.
Use the charger that came with the phone for best results.

fred114

Reaction score
Are you using a long USB cable? Don't.
Are you charing using computer instead of wall outlet? Don't.
Use the charger that came with the phone for best results.

Been charging up in wall socket, but using the cable and plug for D1, maybe I will try the one that came with the D3.

Thanks for your response everyone, it all helps.

Cegtalk2u

Reaction score
Well my original cover fits like a glove with the extended battery and so does the case. I just think the extended battery does not live up to it's name. It seems to give me the same amount of power as the original. Not Happy :mad:

Conner85

Reaction score
I've been debating on getting the OEM 1930 mAh extended battery or a 3rd party manufacturer extended battery that's 2800 mAh. But I'm not sure if the 3rd party battery would be the way to go, because I'm sure if something goes wrong, Verizon isn't going to take care of it. What would be the better choice? I'm sure the 2800 mAh would last longer. But I'm looking for what's safer for my phone.

KZ_259

Reaction score
yo guys....the extended battery shouldnt be needed if the phone is rooted with all those unnecessary apps frozen right?

TyrannoTaurus

Reaction score
yo guys....the extended battery shouldnt be needed if the phone is rooted with all those unnecessary apps frozen right?

It just really depends on preference. I picked up the extended battery at Verizon and routinely get over 16 hours on a charge with my normal usage. It would easily pass up 24 hours with light usage. That's perfect for me. After you root and freeze the bloat, use it for a few weeks and see if it's lasting as long as you want it to. If not, drop the $50 on the extended battery. You can barely even tell it's there, unlike extended batteries for other phones.

KZ_259

Reaction score
It just really depends on preference. I picked up the extended battery at Verizon and routinely get over 16 hours on a charge with my normal usage. It would easily pass up 24 hours with light usage. That's perfect for me. After you root and freeze the bloat, use it for a few weeks and see if it's lasting as long as you want it to. If not, drop the $50 on the extended battery. You can barely even tell it's there, unlike extended batteries for other phones.

50 bucks?? amazon sells it for 35! lol