Recent-onset problems with SMS/MMS on Galaxy Nexus

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Hi all -

I'm running Winner's pre-CM9 ROM (now on latest build) with Franco's milestone 2 kernel. The latest builds of the ROM are 4.0.4-based.

I had no problems on the previous versions, which were 4.0.3-based. A few days after upgrading to the 4.0.4-based versions (yes, I did do a full data/cache wipe first) and the 4.0.4 versions of the Google apps, someone tried to send me an MMS message. I have it set to auto-retrieve, but in this case it didn't. Tried to manually download it, and it failed. This has happened since with messages from other people from different carriers. If I try to SEND a pic via MMS, the app (stock Messaging app) just crashes. I can still receive regular text messages, but trying to delete some message threads causes the app to crash; some delete OK.

I'm assuming that I'm having problems with the database (/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db). I tried flipping the permission bits with Root Explorer, but that didn't change anything. Short of deleting and somehow recreating it (don't know if just "touching" the file will work) and losing all the data - is there anything else I can do to solve this?

Thanks!

Everything else is working fine...love this phone and the ROM/kernel combination.

OP
Dilligaf

Dilligaf

Reaction score
Apparently the database was corrupt. Deleted it, and of course lost all of the messages in it. But it's now working again.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2