Problems sending MMS messages

Reaction score
About a month ago or so I began to have a problem sending MMS (picture) messages. The messages just flat out would not send. No error message or anything. I tried it in Handcent and the stock messaging app....but neither made a difference.

I searched and searched the forums for solutions but couldn't find anything until one day I found a post that said if you delete the telephony.db file hidden deep in the system folder then it would fix the problem. I'm not a big of deleting system files so I renamed it instead just in case it caused problems. Tried to send a message and it went through with no problems. I thought I had the problem solved. Then a few weeks later I went to send an MMS message and ran into the same problem again. I went to the folder that has the telephony.db file that I renamed to see if it was still "fixed" only to find that the phone had created a new telephony.db file. I renamed the new one and the picture messages would send again.

So my issue is, how do I fix this problem permanently? What is causing the problem that is keeping my phone from sending MMS messages normally? Any ideas? I appreciate any help.

Anomander

Reaction score
I get this problem when sending Picture messages via Handcent. Not sure about the telephony.db file, but when the message does not send I just shutdown the phone and start it back up. I then will send the file and it seems to work again for a bit. I hope a better fix comes though it does get annoying.